Man Starts “Gunbook” after Gun-Loving Friends Get Kicked Off Facebook

I was kind of anti gun/pro gun control before. Then I got a gun and started shooting at the range. No idea how I ever decided to do it but its fun as hell and I'll be pissed if shit gets banned. I also started reloading my own ammunition. All right when this dumb shit is happening with YouTube, facebook, etc. People that own guns are generally some safe mother fuckers. When I went to the range the first time, there were about a bazillion rules we had to go over and shit before I could join and be a member.

I will say that it is a bit scary how easy it is to buy guns. I ordered a bad ass hand gun online and had it shipped to a guy who is a home FFL. I basically picked it up in some guys basement and signed a paper. Took like 5 minutes. There was a background check though. I would still be OK with some changes to that. I bought a suppressor too and I have to wait months to get that because it's class 3. I had to get fingerprinted and do some serious paperwork. I think some kind of middle ground for buying guns might make sense. I'm not an expert. My views have basically done a total 180 from a few years ago.

I'm gonna buy some more while it's easy lol

Last edited:
I was kind of anti gun/pro gun control before. Then I got a gun and started shooting at the range. No idea how I ever decided to do it but its fun as hell and I'll be pissed if shit gets banned. I also started reloading my own ammunition. All right when this dumb shit is happening with YouTube, facebook, etc. People that own guns are generally some safe mother fuckers. When I went to the range the first time, there were about a bazillion rules we had to go over and shit before I could join and be a member.

I will say that it is a bit scary how easy it is to buy guns. I ordered a bad ass hand gun online and had it shipped to a guy who is a home FFL. I basically picked it up in some guys basement and signed a paper. Took like 5 minutes. There was a background check though. I would still be OK with some changes to that. I bought a suppressor too and I have to wait months to get that because it's class 3. I had to get fingerprinted and do some serious paperwork. I think some kind of middle ground for buying guns might make sense. I'm not an expert. My views have basically done a total 180 from a few years ago.

Exactly, the difference between a gun owner (someone who actually regularly shoots) and someone who just bought a gun or doesn't own a gun is night and day. I've never been to a single range in my entire life that didn't have a shit ton of rules and a bunch of people around keeping a very close eye on the known newer people making sure they are safe. That said I doubt you will find many gun owners who disagree that it is too easy to buy guns in many areas. It is and I readily admit that. I am in full support of reasonable laws that force a person to have to pass a certain amount of background checking and require waiting periods for "New gun owners". Once you have proven yourself however, the restrictions are pointless and accomplish nothing except make the ignorant feel better.

A good example of this kind of safety comes from a personal experience. My brother in law passed unexpectedly last october. In his house were his wife and 3 kids ranging from 7-13. None of them know anything about guns and him being a police officer..he had a bunch. The first thing I did was remove every single gun out of that house and all ammo and lock it up in my safe. I have sat down with the kids and my Sister in law and explained that since I have land that can be shot on, I'll be spending this summer working with them on firearms safety and shooting. Once I'm convinced they are competent enough for the guns to be safe, they will go back to their house and be locked up in a safe that only my SIL and myself know the combination too. There was never a question of what would happen with the guns, it was just something that happened automatically because we take safety seriously.

From Facebook's page on gun content:

The purchase, sale or trade of firearms, ammunition and explosives between private individuals isn't allowed on Facebook. Please refer to this help center article for a list of items covered by this policy.
Firearm shops and online retailers are allowed to engage in commercial activity involving firearms and ammunition on Facebook (ex: offering a gun for sale) as long as all applicable laws and regulations are followed.
Keep in mind that posts about firearms in general are allowed on Facebook. This includes discussions about sales in stores or by online retailers, posts advocating for changes to firearm regulation or anything else that follows Facebook's Community Standards and Terms.

Gun ownership should be tougher than getting a drivers license. We need a rigorous testing and training system with a periodic re-evaluation. If you want to own a gun, you start off with a basic long gun training course where you learn proper handling, cleaning and securing of your gun. You then must either submit proof of x amount of time on a range (with a provisional permit) or shooting with a licensed owner. Then following a comprehensive test of basic marksmanship, maintenance and written questions, you get your license. If you want a hand gun, that's whole separate license. I can't guarantee if will root out every psycho, because plenty of turds manage to wash through basic training, but it would at least establish some baseline competence that seems to be lacking in a lot of gun owners. I love when people point to Switzerland as an example because every male in Switzerland goes through basic training and annual re-certification, something a lot of gun owners seem reluctant to do.

Driver's license isn't protected by the constitution because it doesn't fulfill any unalienable right. Gun ownership fulfills a very basic human responsibility of self protection. The founding fathers were very wise.

As always the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Too bad most governments don't believe any their populations are made up of good people by and large.

In Greece guns are illegal but it seems like criminals and rich people have them. Who gives a crap about all the "serfs" anyways?

Why punish the many for the actions of a very UNCONTROLLABLE few.
If you want to stop deaths then go after banning vehicles, swimming pools, bathtubs and cleaning chemicals first.

.....I suppose the real use of Gunbook will be for authorities and other low life to have a data base of peoples weopon collections, because only a fool would post what they have got on Gunbook and fools will often post what they should not.

I was thinking the same thing. A website for people to expose themselves to the local authorities and ATF/FBI. Only proud idiots will join.

If you want to stop deaths then go after banning vehicles, swimming pools, bathtubs and cleaning chemicals first.

I never saw someone drive a car into a school and kill kids with swimming pools and cleaning products.
Don't equate domestic terrorist mass murder to accidental or isolated incidents.

Someone built an awful lot of big statues of someone they don't worship, just sayin'

And we don't "worship" guns, any more than we do computers or cars.
Sure you do. Its almost heresy to say anything against everyone having deadly force in their pocket.

One problem I have, is that quite I'm willing to fight you, anyone who needs to be fought with, if it comes to that, but I will not carry a gun. I like a level playing field and far less people will die, like in my country.

Talking to an old friend the other day and he was remarking that he has to be more careful as everyone has knives and guns now. We agreed cowardice is taking over the world. He 6' 6" and was a major force when he was younger.

Exactly, the difference between a gun owner (someone who actually regularly shoots) and someone who just bought a gun or doesn't own a gun is night and day. I've never been to a single range in my entire life that didn't have a shit ton of rules and a bunch of people around keeping a very close eye on the known newer people making sure they are safe. That said I doubt you will find many gun owners who disagree that it is too easy to buy guns in many areas. It is and I readily admit that. I am in full support of reasonable laws that force a person to have to pass a certain amount of background checking and require waiting periods for "New gun owners". Once you have proven yourself however, the restrictions are pointless and accomplish nothing except make the ignorant feel better.

A good example of this kind of safety comes from a personal experience. My brother in law passed unexpectedly last october. In his house were his wife and 3 kids ranging from 7-13. None of them know anything about guns and him being a police officer..he had a bunch. The first thing I did was remove every single gun out of that house and all ammo and lock it up in my safe. I have sat down with the kids and my Sister in law and explained that since I have land that can be shot on, I'll be spending this summer working with them on firearms safety and shooting. Once I'm convinced they are competent enough for the guns to be safe, they will go back to their house and be locked up in a safe that only my SIL and myself know the combination too. There was never a question of what would happen with the guns, it was just something that happened automatically because we take safety seriously.

Too bad everyone isn't as rational as we are (both sides are bad). I freely admit I was very wrong about guns in past things I've said. I even posted some very suspect shit on this forum.

There is this fear of the unknown that's embedded in people who aren't around guns I think. I never shot guns as a kid. Maybe once or twice at a sportsman's club. My brother was a big gun guy and I always thought he was crazy. People who aren't around them only ever see them used for killing on the news. I was one of those people myself.

I got real sick a few years ago, and since then I've been trying to do new things that I never did before. I bought this handgun about a month ago. The range I go to is indoor and there are two Range Safety Officers at all times. They are on you if you do something you shouldn't.

Guns are fun as hell. Bottom line. I love shooting. I wish we had an outdoor range that was like 1000+ yards here so I could snipe some shit.

I'd probably march or protest to maintain gun rights and a couple years ago I was a moron that'd say ban that shit. Crazy. I'm not a "conservative" or a "liberal" so dont come at me with that shit. I'm a rational person these days who wants to do his own thing without people fucking bothering me. I used to be way to the left. I'm probably still to the left on a lot but I'm open minded on almost everything.

I think the "Ban XYZ" are uneducated idiots and I think the "Not one more inch" people are idiots too.

Last edited:
Sure you do. Its almost heresy to say anything against everyone having deadly force in their pocket.

One problem I have, is that quite I'm willing to fight you, anyone who needs to be fought with, if it comes to that, but I will not carry a gun. I like a level playing field and far less people will die, like in my country.

Talking to an old friend the other day and he was remarking that he has to be more careful as everyone has knives and guns now. We agreed cowardice is taking over the world. He 6' 6" and was a major force when he was younger.

I don't like being physically assaulted. Come at me, hope you like hot lead. Cause that's what you and your fists are going to get.

I don't consider having the ability to defend my wife and children from criminals cowardice. Just being careful, while necessary, doesn't always cut it. YMMV.

I never saw someone drive a car into a school and kill kids with swimming pools and cleaning products.
Don't equate domestic terrorist mass murder to accidental or isolated incidents.

It's not part of the narrative, people doing this happens all the time with vehicles:

https://gellerreport.com/2018/03/florida-car-blackout.html/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University_attack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ahoma-State-University-homecoming-parade.html

Anyhoo I am just a Buddhist layman and I do as I please. Worship is a basic misunderstanding of the reason the religion exists though.

Might be careful there. Buddhists are not so peace loving, in fact youre religion has many genocidal madmen who hate non Buddhists. In Myanmar anyway, according to the media, UN and other of those sorts. I'm a bit skeptical myself of that characterization. Perhaps we should ban Buddhists from social media to be safe, for now anyway.

I am in full support of reasonable laws that force a person to have to pass a certain amount of background checking and require waiting periods for "New gun owners". Once you have proven yourself however, the restrictions are pointless and accomplish nothing except make the ignorant feel better.

Define "new gun owners". Why do I need permission from the state to defend myself, a right acknowledge in the bill of rights (#2)? To do what you want, repeal the 2nd amendment first. Look at alcohol prohibition for past example and booze ain't mentioned in the Constitution. You took it upon yourself to take those guns away from your sister in law, she apparently had no say. You are advocating that the government be able to do that wholesale with "reasonable laws". Has the government been reasonable with the laws we have now, for the past 80+ years? If you get charged or even just hit with a restratining order based on domestic violence, you have to give up your guns until court. They hand out those orders like candy now, in ex-parte hearings where you dont even know there is a charge against you.

This is a cultural issue. If you give it over to government, you become slaves to them even if you get permission to exercise a supposed right. Dare to show or "brandish" your gun to dissuade someone from attacking you? Thats a crime in many states. Culturally openly carrying even a pistol on your belt is considered no-no and illegal in some places (or highly restricted or will get the cops called to confront you). Why if I've gone through a background check (many now since I started owning guns) do I need a concealed carry permit?

Guns for hunting and target shooting, I'm cool with. People carrying guns around for "protection" in America is one of the most bat shit insane things I can think of. I've known guys who had all the proper training and had legitimate reasons for carrying a gun, yet probably shouldn't have because they were such psycho nut jobs that everyone around them always kept a third eye on them. Between the functional psychopaths, non-functioning psychopaths and pansies who think everyone's out to get them who are likely to shoot grandpa taking out the trash because they thought he was up to something in the dark... there are a lot of people that shouldn't be around guns. Your average cop, who is going to see a lot a more crap than any other civilian, has a less than 1% chance of shooting anyone in their career. If you live in an area where you more likely than a cop to need to protect yourself with lethal force, you might want to consider moving or helping clean up that neighborhood. I travel a fair bit and have stayed in places DoS level 4 where carrying a gun was a liability not protection. Being observant, understanding that you're a big blonde dude in a sea of dark hair, knowing how to de-escalate hot heads who want to show off to their buddies are far more useful skills than trigger control. I keep guns, because I like target shooting and hunting, but the idea of using them for home protection or even walking around with one has never occurred to me.

PennGunn, I gotta say Buddhism has a long violent history. Thailand and Burma Buddhists have been pretty much carrying out ethno-religious cleansing for a while now.

Ranulfo a gun isn't a toy, if you think brandishing a gun to "dissuade" someone from attacking you is a proper use of a gun, you are a classic case of someone that needs basic training. Even in the "wild west" men were not allowed to carry guns in town. You either left your gun at home or handed it in when you entered the town. Seriously man up and stop being scared of shadows, there a lot scarier places in the world than America and people in those places seem to manage just fine.

Define "new gun owners". Why do I need permission from the state to defend myself, a right acknowledge in the bill of rights (#2)? To do what you want, repeal the 2nd amendment first. Look at alcohol prohibition for past example and booze ain't mentioned in the Constitution. You took it upon yourself to take those guns away from your sister in law, she apparently had no say. You are advocating that the government be able to do that wholesale with "reasonable laws". Has the government been reasonable with the laws we have now, for the past 80+ years? If you get charged or even just hit with a restratining order based on domestic violence, you have to give up your guns until court. They hand out those orders like candy now, in ex-parte hearings where you dont even know there is a charge against you.

This is a cultural issue. If you give it over to government, you become slaves to them even if you get permission to exercise a supposed right. Dare to show or "brandish" your gun to dissuade someone from attacking you? Thats a crime in many states. Culturally openly carrying even a pistol on your belt is considered no-no and illegal in some places (or highly restricted or will get the cops called to confront you). Why if I've gone through a background check (many now since I started owning guns) do I need a concealed carry permit?
Idiotic posts like this are why this county can't have an adult conversation about guns. There are so many assumptions and wild accusations in this post in not going to even bother responding to a single point. If you would like to grow up and have a rational discourse I'm all ears.

I’ve never needed to ‘brandish’ a gun. I’ve had to punch a couple of people in the mouth and guy tried to stab me with a screwdriver and got his head bounced off the concrete for his trouble. With guns at least one of those would have been a death. You need guns because people have guns. It’s such a circular stupid fucking thing. Even just the easy suicide, so pointless. I know for a fact that if I’d gotten a handgun I would have killed my self. But yet I’m alive, successful, giving people jobs and paying taxes.

The burn the government shit just pisses me off as well. They have tanks and attack helicopters, if shit goes down, they’re gonna win. It’s just all so sad. I’m all good with sport shooting but Jim Jeffries nailed this one for me (machine gun out of a Huey in the Nevada desert was fun as hell I won’t lie)

'Banning specific types of guns isn't a solution to anything. Either someone is competent enough to own any gun or they aren't competent enough to own any guns. Banning certain gun types or high capacity mags has never once accomplished a single thing except making people who are ignorant on guns feel better. People fear AR's because they don't understand guns. The reality is a pump action shotgun with buck shot, slugs or custom loads can do FAR FAR more damage and guarantee a higher death rate in every close quarters situation (Every single school shooting to date as an example) than any AR. The reason why AR's get used is because the media has spent so long demonizing them that most of the mentally disturbed idiots grabbing them are only doing so because they have been told it is the most dangerous gun. Heck for that matter a good handgun with a "home defense" style round. Meaning rounds aimed at stopping power such as hollow points actually makes a far more lethal actual gun than most rifles. Rifle rounds are designed for penetration and distance, which means they impart very little actual energy into a squishy target. That is why you hear about people taking numerous rifle rounds and still living. Rifle shots are about location. Hit in the right location and yes it is fatal, hit in the wrong location and chances are it isn't fatal if it isn't near a vital. Shotgun slugs and home defense pistol rounds however are made for stopping power. You don't have to be precise, you just gotta be close. If I'm looking to take down a target that is close to me as fast as possible and guarantee they aren't getting up, I'm not reaching for my AR's...I'm reaching for my .45 or my shotgun.

You make some good points about it all, but one thing you didn't mention is that ARs are cheap. One of the cheapest guns you can get, and most used in the shootings are the cheapest options, like the FL shooting was a M&P 15, the Texas shooting was a Ruger, both are the super cheap AR options coming in around 4-500 bucks, as such they are the most popular gun and one of the most sold guns, so from a pure statistical stand point the bulk of shootings are going to happen with it. As for media calling it "high powered" I laugh every time, as almost ANY hunting round is more powerful, hell there are a number of states where an AR cant be used for hunting deer because the .223 is considered to small of a caliber. The ignorance is everywhere and it just gushes from the media and no one questions it. What is funny is you didn't see ARs used for stuff like this for a long time, even though ARs have been around before I was born. However back then, ARs were expensive, it used to be rare for someone to have it in their collection, and then prices on them started falling as their popularity grew and other mfgs started to get in the game and now you can get them for 400 bucks. I also like how media always state "the deadly AR-15"....Well, yeah....ITS A GUN.

However, like you said, if I was doing something like that, a shotgun with slugs would be top of my list.

Overall, it is knee jerk reaction of "we have to do something", they don't care what it is, if it works, or if it's even right, they just want to do something to feel better about them selves. And forget about the 500,000 to 1,000,000 people who defend them selves from violent crime every year with guns.

Solution is ban automatic high round guns. Mind you I live in Canada. Make mantory to have guns with trigger locks or lock in a gun box. Just my suggestion also make attaining a gun harder. I have no problems for recreation but current standards in USA should be changed to make checking who buys the guns.

Gun ownership should be tougher than getting a drivers license. We need a rigorous testing and training system with a periodic re-evaluation. If you want to own a gun, you start off with a basic long gun training course where you learn proper handling, cleaning and securing of your gun. You then must either submit proof of x amount of time on a range (with a provisional permit) or shooting with a licensed owner. Then following a comprehensive test of basic marksmanship, maintenance and written questions, you get your license. If you want a hand gun, that's whole separate license. I can't guarantee if will root out every psycho, because plenty of turds manage to wash through basic training, but it would at least establish some baseline competence that seems to be lacking in a lot of gun owners. I love when people point to Switzerland as an example because every male in Switzerland goes through basic training and annual re-certification, something a lot of gun owners seem reluctant to do.
"...shall not be infringed."

Ownership of firearms is a right in the U.S. That includes having the right to be stupid or responsible. The majority of gun owners are the latter.

Automatic weapons were essentially banned in 1986. The only automatic a civilian can legally purchase must have been registered prior to the ban in 1986. An M16, automatic firearm, will cost upwards of 30k, requires an FBI background check, and a tax stamp from the federal govt. Many states also have laws about properly securing firearms.

The truth of the matter is the majority of gun deaths in the US are suicide and most gun deaths are done with a handgun not a rifle.

All firearm purchases from a dealer require a background check, form 4473.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4...n-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

As Dekoth-E- said banning certain types is fairly pointless at eliminating crime. All guns can kill and attempting to say one is more effective than the other leads you down a silly path and in point of fact an AR15 really isn't the most effective weapon for leathality. The only reason they are going about it this way is it slowly leads to a complete ban, death by a thousand cuts if you will.

One of the biggest issues surrounding this issue is the lack of understanding and firearms education.

Please educate yourself on the topic you are speaking about.

Wanna know how all this written above is complete bullshit gun owners like to tell themselves?

Go to any gun show and you can get an AK47 for a few hundred bucks from a private individual using the "personal sale" loop hole. No background check. No ID.

When you pull up to a computer convention next to a gun show and you see some 15 year old kid walking around with AK47 you'll realize how unsafe you really are from the nut jobs.

Wanna know how all this written above is complete bullshit gun owners like to tell themselves?

Go to any gun show and you can get an AK47 for a few hundred bucks from a private individual using the "personal sale" loop hole. No background check. No ID.

When you pull up to a computer convention next to a gun show and you see some 15 year old kid walking around with AK47 you'll realize how unsafe you really are from the nut jobs.

Full auto AK's for a few hundred bucks? Please tell me which gun show. I'd love to go score a few.

And it sounds like you've never actually been to a gun show.

It is not a loophole, it is a part of federal law.

As a private seller, I am allowed to sell a firearm to another resident of the same state, as long as I do not knowingly sell to a prohibited person. There is currently no provision to allow me to run the buyer through the NICS check that dealers use.

Shall we talk more about, "Shall not be infringed" again?

I’ve never needed to ‘brandish’ a gun. I’ve had to punch a couple of people in the mouth and guy tried to stab me with a screwdriver and got his head bounced off the concrete for his trouble. With guns at least one of those would have been a death. You need guns because people have guns.
That may work for you, but for my 120lb sister who's athletic ability on a scale from 1-10 is a negative 5, I don't think that's quite the option for her when faced with an attacker.

Like the saying from the Old West - "God made man. Sam Colt made them equal."

Have you been inside an actual gun show? Are you sure the kid wasn't holding an Airsoft gun?

It is not a loophole, it is a part of federal law.

As a private seller, I am allowed to sell a firearm to another resident of the same state, as long as I do not knowingly sell to a prohibited person. There is currently no provision to allow me to run the buyer through the NICS check that dealers use.

Shall we talk more about, "Shall not be infringed" again?

No one is infringing on your right to own firearms. I simply do not think the "personal sale" rule is good to keep around. You should not be able to sell your gun to anyone but a dealer or gun buy back. This is why you will all eventually lose way more of your rights. These kids are gonna end up being lifetime democrats cause of these insane rules.

Have you been inside an actual gun show? Are you sure the kid wasn't holding an Airsoft gun?

They could have been lying. Sure. Who knows? This was 10 years ago. I don't think much has changed. High school kids are getting their hands on semi-automatic firearms. Whether that's taking them from their parents or buying them on the streets it's happening at an alarming rate.

No one is infringing on your right to own firearms. I simply do not think the "personal sale" rule is good to keep around. You should not be able to sell your gun to anyone but a dealer or gun buy back. This is why you will all eventually lose way more of your rights. These kids are gonna end up being lifetime democrats cause of these insane rules.

When all sales have to go through a dealer you end up with the problem of DC. District wont let dealers have a gun store in the district. One dealer was operating a few hours a week out of the MPD building. Totally not a "legal but basically impossible to exercise" freedom.

There a bunch of kids in DC now having a rally. Ignored by most of the American gun worshiping media, and of course gun worshiping web sites.

I'm a Buddhist myself. Worship is not what we do.
It's ignored because it's an Astroturfed event preying on kids and child tragedy.

It is up to the seller to determine the correct path for a personal sale. Me, I require several items before considering a personal sale. 1. Current, non-expired concealed carry permit, or a state issued, stamped and non-expired pistol purchase permit(state dependent as NC requires a state issued pistol purchase permit OR a valid concealed permit to purchase any pistol). 2. Color photo copy of the purchasers drivers license. 3. 2 copies of a bill of sale each signed by me and purchaser.

If the purchaser can not produce a concealed permit or purchase permit I opt to have the sale take place at a local firearms shop where a legal transfer, 4473 and NICS check can be performed on the sale.

This is my procedure as I refuse to sell a firearm to someone without producing proper ID and proof of their ability to purchase a firearm. A paper trail also covers my ass in the event they use said firearm in the commission of a crime.

While I would agree that before purchasing a gun it is a good idea for an individual to take a safety and gun care course, it does not at all compare to cars.

Why? We use cars almost every day. They are the main means of our transportation today. Cars are literally everywhere, all the time. That is not true for guns. There are far more injuries from cars than there are from guns. Really this argument is comparing apples to oranges, you can't truly equate getting a license for a car to getting a license for a gun. Also in the gun license you are requiring a gun owner to know far more than what they expect of a car owner. What maintenance do you have to know for a car? What precision driving do you need to know? I mean they have taken parallel parking off the test.

I will bite. Let's say this is indeed possible. Now show me the statistic on how this is bad for our country? Please include factual information on how many people have recently been killed in the United States using a fully automatic firearm. I am most curious about that. I would also like to see your statistics on how many of these private sales go on and include fully auto weapons for only a few hundred dollars.

But "tasteless" is a severe stretch of the word.

It's more like "tasteless" is a totally vacuous word to begin with. It lacks any concrete meaning. "Tasteless" is totally dependent on societal (and thus temporal) contexts. When you need to say "I don't like this" but you want it to sound like almost all people agree with you, and you want it to sound fancier than normal.... that's when you apply "tasteless". Lol.

Nothing I posted was bullshit, they are facts. You are correct private sales are a thing and the level of effort a seller goes through can vary. I've known people that have drafted a bill of sale and required state ID, others have not. Some states allow you to make the sale if you don't have reason to believe the individual is a prohibited person. Not the best system and something many gun owners are willing to change if they can make the background check relatively painless for the private party.

Here is a generic site for private firearm transactions:
http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/private-gun-sale-laws-by-state.html

Also, and I need to verify, I believe there is a limit to the number of firearms a non-FFL licensed individual can sell in a year.

ETA: I haven't been to a gun show in years. They are terrible for a litany of reasons; people selling crap they think is gold, throwing stars and jerky, unknown quality reloads, and overpriced items in general.

While I would agree that before purchasing a gun it is a good idea for an individual to take a safety and gun care course, it does not at all compare to cars.

Why? We use cars almost every day. They are the main means of our transportation today. Cars are literally everywhere, all the time. That is not true for guns. There are far more injuries from cars than there are from guns. Really this argument is comparing apples to oranges, you can't truly equate getting a license for a car to getting a license for a gun. Also in the gun license you are requiring a gun owner to know far more than what they expect of a car owner. What maintenance do you have to know for a car? What precision driving do you need to know? I mean they have taken parallel parking off the test.
To piggyback off this comment; it is worth mentioning there are states that require a safety/training course.

Last edited:
I will bite. Let's say this is indeed possible. Now show me the statistic on how this is bad for our country? Please include factual information on how many people have recently been killed in the United States using a fully automatic firearm. I am most curious about that. I would also like to see your statistics on how many of these private sales go on and include fully auto weapons for only a few hundred dollars.
I'm not sure why the burden of providing statistics is on me. You will never change your mind. it is common knowledge that year after year there are more and more school shootings to the point where a parent has a higher than zero chance of finding their kids dead from a school shooting in the USA versus the majority of "first world" who all do not have this problem. It is literally unheard of in most places on Earth that a young adult walks into a school and shoots it up.

Meanwhile in private homes the mere presence of a firearm makes people use it in situations where they really should not in the heat of the moment. (Psst. That's when the "responsible" gun owner gets shot by his drunk wife. Or vice versa)

Back