Man / Nerd Cave Project

3one5

Gawd
Not sure where the thread should go so I stuck it over in the case mod gallery.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1630399

This past weekend I connected my data rack to the server rack with patch panels and 24 runs of CAT5e.

mc11.JPG

Yeah, great thread :) I should do one soon too :) ( since i just bought a house )

Yeah, great thread :) I should do one soon too :) ( since i just bought a house )

We bought ours back in March. While it is nice having a finished basement I almost wish it wasn't so I could have done some more wiring.

yup, my mancave has the clothes washing / drying stuff in it now :(

In our last house laundry was right next to me in an unfinished basement, it sucked. Always felt like I should be doing laundry while I was down there. Thankfully here laundry is on the main floor :)

Great work so far!

Man-caves = Angry wives. :p

I am fairly luck in that sense. For the most part my Wife understands and pretty much let's me do what I want. She does get upset sometimes when I spend the entire day there :)

The day I got married was the day she changed from a loveable understanding person to a horrible demanding cow.

Never get married!

The day I got married was the day she changed from a loveable understanding person to a horrible demanding cow.

Never get married!

LOL! ouch! was that after sex or during ?

I have man land because it's the room for all my work equipment and all my junk, wife said it stays in your room or tossed to the g-can..

I am fairly luck in that sense. For the most part my Wife understands and pretty much let's me do what I want. She does get upset sometimes when I spend the entire day there :)

Well in that case, man-cave lives on! :cool:

It's a really nice project - and it's quite neat. This is giving me some motivation to finish my office-cave.

OT:

LOL. Too late here :eek:

The only rack I need is for mah serv0rs!

Long live the bachelor life! :p

The trick with women is finding one that manufactures a brand of bullshit that you can tolerate :) But seriously, it's all about give and take. Both people in the relationship need to remember that they are married to another individual with their own set of wants, desires, needs, dreams, ambitions, personality etc. Everyone needs room to be themselves otherwise you cease to grow. The trick is growing together and in the same direction. I don't have this perfected but I have a decent idea of how it should work and try my best to keep that all in mind.

I've done a bunch of work recently and posted a few more pics. Right now the big this is a keyboard shelf for my collection of keyboards. I am using part of the Ikea Stolmen collection to build this. It used to come in brushed aluminum but now is sold with a cream white powder coating. I am working to get that powder coating removed. The brackets cleaned right up with a can of paint stripper. The poles on the other hand have been difficult. At this time they are slathered in aircraft stripper and wrapped in Saran Wrap. When I looked this morning it looked pretty good. I'm thinking I'll run them to the car wash after work and hit them with the pressure washer.

Hows the man cave project coming along ? I'm starting ming in a few days and looking for ideas on how i should do my wiring.

Back