Man Mauled to Death by Bear While Taking Selfie with It

If just one person had had a firearm, they would have been able to save him... :sour:
He may have been stupid, but he was still a human being.

I hope you can aim good and have alot of bullets, shot of hitting the bear did on in the head, a single shot is not going to take it down, and an injured bear is going to be even more amped up

lol I almost witness a death by elk out in Banff. idiot was to close to the herd during rut and ended up dancing around dodging horns on top an truck. all I could say was a todaso! im an hour away so ive seen this lots!

Yup, Elk and Moose and young male deer even you do not want to get in the line of sight with..they will kick your ass too.

Thank goodness the witnesses screamed and someone kept filming. I mean, sure, that should've worked to save his ass, but I guess the bear was just too motivated. Maybe next time more people could scream and more people could video it?

I hope you can aim good and have alot of bullets, shot of hitting the bear did on in the head, a single shot is not going to take it down, and an injured bear is going to be even more amped up

Too add to that... unless it's a higher caliber weapon or you have super human aim while under extreme stress, odds are good even hitting it in the head won't do much. Their skulls are thick as hell and unless the angle is perfect ricochet chances are high.

9mm is like a pea shooter to a bear.

Yup, Elk and Moose and young male deer even you do not want to get in the line of sight with..they will kick your ass too.
yup any wild animal that you cant easily take down bare-handed, should be given room. ;)
or how 'bout wolves...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/banff-sunshine-wolf-1.4591819
upload_2018-5-6_20-13-48.png

this was two years ago. awe look at the puppies! chomp! :)

bilde?Site=GT&Date=20160811&Category=RMO0801&ArtNo=308119970&Ref=AR.jpg

Truly sad.

Coincidentally I was up in the mountains with friends yesterday and one of my oldest recounted a story to my wife about a trip we did thru yellow stone some 20 odd years ago. I was driving and we had just passed one of the areas with the sulfur spring/pools and there was a field filled with elk. A full sized bull was by the road while the herd and kids were below in the field. Seriously about a half dozen cars pulled up to within arms reach and taking pics with it. I told my friends I wasn't about to wait for natural selection to occur and I drove us past these idiots. No joke, a few months later I saw a news cast of someone getting mauled(but lived).

What I find odd, there is what like a few people around him? there are several voices in the video.

heck even a dog came to try and help the man, not a single person. Seriously though that was a small bear I've beaten bigger bears with sticks while hiking.

Yes he was stupid for trying to get close to it for a selfie, but the fact that several people around him basically watched him die for sport, heck one guy even videoed it. Fun world we live in.

What I find odd, there is what like a few people around him? there are several voices in the video.

heck even a dog came to try and help the man, not a single person. Seriously though that was a small bear I've beaten bigger bears with sticks while hiking.

Yes he was stupid for trying to get close to it for a selfie, but the fact that several people around him basically watched him die for sport, heck one guy even videoed it. Fun world we live in.

So you want other people to risk their lives because this idiot decided getting close to an injured, distressed bear for a selfie was a good idea?

No, I'd rather let Darwinism do its work. This was 100% his idiotic decision and he should reap the consequences by himself.

one guy did try and help in the video...hit the bear with a rock and a stick...

at one point in the video it looks like the victim had a chance to get away or roll away but continued to fight the bear...looks like he even attempted to grab the bear's jaw and hold it open as it was getting ready to bite him...reminded me of the scene in Peter Jackson's King Kong movie where the ape grabs the dinosaur's jaw as it's getting ready to bite down and rips it apart

Too true. I've heard stories of a round going thru the eye and brain and it keeps attacking.

I have zero sympathy for idiots who play with wild animals and then whine about getting killed by them. wait...

So you want other people to risk their lives because this idiot decided getting close to an injured, distressed bear for a selfie was a good idea?

No, I'd rather let Darwinism do its work. This was 100% his idiotic decision and he should reap the consequences by himself.

it's called courage and compassion for others. Maybe try it out one day?

one guy did try and help in the video...hit the bear with a rock and a stick...

at one point in the video it looks like the victim had a chance to get away or roll away but continued to fight the bear...looks like he even attempted to grab the bear's jaw and hold it open as it was getting ready to bite him...reminded me of the scene in Peter Jackson's King Kong movie where the ape grabs the dinosaur's jaw as it's getting ready to bite down and rips it apart

I don't think he really had a chance to get away. One guy outta all those there is still sad. I would have kicked that bears ass, while the guy was filming it and become internet famous for having courage. LOL

Reactions: kinjo
like this
Serves him right.. our society and species in general has the overwhelming stupidity and arrogance to strut around claiming how we are so fucking great... the truth is we are weak, lazy and over-entitled, and its not until the real world comes knocking on our delusion and suddenly we start screaming for help in disbelief while everybody sits back and records it, that we realize how fucking stupid we've been the whole time.

Don't compare our society to India. If you are not familiar with what's going on there I suggest you do some research. You will never believe what you find out, I promise you. And it's not good.

Why? Bear did not do anything wrong. He was injury, and he was just defending. If you wanted to help that stupid guy, then you would shoot him instead. That would help him to die less painful. It's about time that all idiots just need to stop taking selfies with everything.
Wow, favoring a wild bear over a human being, that's pretty fucking cold.
I'm not defending his actions at all, as no common sense was employed, but he is still a person with feelings, hopes, and dreams, and really should be valued over the bear, especially by a fellow human being such as yourself.

If you are ever attacked by a wild bear, everyone here can remember to make sure you are the one who gets shot to help you "die less painfully". :rolleyes:
Seriously, though, if you really believe this cold ass bullshit you are spewing, you have some serious mental problems and have some seriously evil, narcissistic tendencies to the extreme.

considering I conceal carry a .40 with 14 rounds, unlikely. ;-)

I've gone black bear hunting a few times and based on my experience, that bear would take all 14 of your .40 caliber bullets, charge you, take you down, kill you and then fuck you with your gun; probably not gently.

Sure it would probably bleed out an hour or so later.

If just one person had had a firearm, they would have been able to save him... :sour:

You mean shoot him, right? Posing with a hurt animal? Fuck this guy and everyone like him.

A man in India was killed this week when he tried to snap a selfie with an injured bear. Apparently, bears have plenty of energy to maul someone to death even when incapacitated.

“Bhatara died on the spot,” forest ranger Dhanurjaya Mohapatra told the news outlet. Horrific video of the incident filmed by a bystander shows the bear attacking Bhatara, as terrified witnesses scream. A stray dog even attempted to go after the bear by barking at it, but Bhatara could not be saved.

And the winner of tihs years darwin award is....man with bear selfie!

Not true, depends on the gun and how good a shot you are (and what you hit...).

Last edited:
wow he never could bear the situation he was in lol...

yeah not my idea of a beary bright idea...

Fuck helping the guy, he's the one that walked right up to the bear. Have some compassion for an injured animal and leave it the fuck alone.
That bear was caught at the end of the video and will likely die by the hands of those watching that fight. The fact is, those people stood there and watched a man die. No attempt was man to save the man.

We feel sorry for animals but our fellow man we're OK if they die. Really sad.

vash-the-stampede-quotes-ideal-vash-the-stampede.jpg

That bear was caught at the end of the video and will likely die by the hands of those watching that fight. The fact is, those people stood there and watched a man die. No attempt was man to save the man.

I don't think it's them not wanting to help so much as not wanting to get mauled by a fucking bear. After all, getting close to it didn't work out so great for the first guy, I'm not sure why a second person getting close to it would necessarily work out any better.

Wow, favoring a wild bear over a human being, that's pretty fucking cold.
I'm not defending his actions at all, as no common sense was employed, but he WAS still a person with feelings, hopes, and dreams, and really should be valued over the bear, especially by a fellow human being such as yourself.

If you are ever attacked by a wild bear, everyone here can remember to make sure you are the one who gets shot to help you "die less painfully". :rolleyes:
Seriously, though, if you really believe this cold ass bullshit you are spewing, you have some serious mental problems and have some seriously evil, narcissistic tendencies to the extreme.

There, fixed that for you....

As for getting attacked by a wild bear...not gonna happen...I have enough goddamned sense to stay far away from them. anyone that doesn't, well that's their problem, especially in this day & age of open access to knowledge. "Hey, maybe I should look up the dangers of wildlife before I go hiking through the wilderness, alone & unarmed with anything but my cell phone, which i will use to try to take a selfie with this <insert wild animal here>!" Chomp! Crunch! Rip! Squish!

I have no sympathy for those who choose to be stupid.

I don't think it's them not wanting to help so much as not wanting to get mauled by a fucking bear. After all, getting close to it didn't work out so great for the first guy, I'm not sure why a second person getting close to it would necessarily work out any better.
Yet in the end, they got the bear alive. What happened, the bear ate his arm and fell asleep? From the sounds of it, they were very excited to see this man vs bear fight. What exactly transpired after the fight that allowed them to capture the bear alive that it couldn't be done sooner to save the mans life?

Well.. if you didn't just stand there taking a video of it, and other people didn't just stand there screaming, this idiot probably didn't need to die.

Yet in the end, they got the bear alive. What happened, the bear ate his arm and fell asleep? From the sounds of it, they were very excited to see this man vs bear fight. What exactly transpired after the fight that allowed them to capture the bear alive that it couldn't be done sooner to save the mans life?
Well we don't know, but it looks like the man had minutes to live. The bear probably had hours if not days. They could have gone and gotten some actual authorities or equipment in that time.

Point is, you're jumping on the crowd for not helping him, when he was in a dangerous situation where it's not obvious how you COULD help him (the bear had a hold of him) and the very act of helping him puts your own life at risk too. Say someone tried to pull him away, so the bear gets even more threatened and charges the second person, now you have two dead people instead of one. This situation isn't as simple as tossing a drowning man a rope. I don't see an obvious way of how bystanders could help him without potentially adding to the bodycount. You need animal handlers and / or equipment to do it in a safe manner.

Essentially you're blaming the crowd for NOT antagonizing a wild animal, which is exactly what everyone else is criticizing the man for doing in the first place.

Well we don't know, but it looks like the man had minutes to live. The bear probably had hours if not days. They could have gone and gotten some actual authorities or equipment in that time.

Point is, you're jumping on the crowd for not helping him, when he was in a dangerous situation where it's not obvious how you COULD help him (the bear had a hold of him) and the very act of helping him puts your own life at risk too. Say someone tried to pull him away, so the bear gets even more threatened and charges the second person, now you have two dead people instead of one. This situation isn't as simple as tossing a drowning man a rope. I don't see an obvious way of how bystanders could help him without potentially adding to the bodycount. You need animal handlers and / or equipment to do it in a safe manner.

Or a gun and the skills to use it to drop the bear...

View attachment 71833
Except someone did try and was throwing rocks at it. I'm sure you would have been a huge asset had you been there with a gun when you didn't even see the second guy throwing shit at it in the video.

Some of you guys need leotards and a cape, there's a lot of idiots out there that need saving from themselves.

Except someone did try and was throwing rocks at it. I'm sure you would have been a huge asset had you been there with a gun when you didn't even see the second guy throwing shit at it in the video.

Some of you guys need leotards and a cape, there's a lot of idiots out there that need saving from themselves.

Do you know what device he was watching the video on? Cuz I dont and so I am not going to assume how visible a small rock on a low quality shaky video was to him...

Back