.. man i hate to do this to someone but...i must >>>Leveller

modding_JunKy

[H]ard|Gawd
ok i have a bit of a problem...

well about hum... 2 monthes ago i commited to a trade for a Lian Li pc-60 plus a paintball barrel plus some green or red CC's

well.. i sent out my part of the deal {all my top dog water cooling parts pump/rad/rez/mct-5 colent/waterblock} for the case

we agreed on a cross ship so i did that we both shipped out { i think he was a day late or so maybe more}

well he got his stuff i dident... he got a tracking number from USPS but he shipped it parcel Post and guess what... priority was only about 8 bucks more...

the guys name on hard forums is Leveller aka John

i dont know what ot do.. he insured it for 75 with out my say on the total insure price {i sent him over 140 in watercooling parts} he sent me the case and paintball berrel and cc's but he says 70 will cover a new case... well that isent good for me sence ill be out the other parts of the trade

so its been 2 monthes or so

ive tryed to im him on aim no responce

i pmed him on hard he said "the post office said wait 2 more weeks'' well its been a little more than 2 weeks and he hasent got back to me

he already sold off all my watercooling parts.. so he cant return them

i just want the case/barrel/cc's or about 140 in USPS mo shiped priority to my doorstep

maybe this post will modavate him to finishing the transaction..

he will be getting nutral heat even if he squares me away if he dosent it will be a nagative heat..

here is the
usps confirmation number
0304 1560 0002 4822 8287

so.. can someone give me some advise? on the next step into this prosses?

From what i understand, you both have been in semi-constant contact?
Did he contact the PO for them to track down the package?
Its also very rare for a package to go missing forever, it will show up.The shipper needs to get on the ball and contact the PO to declare the package missing and get it traced.
You should have him do that ASAP. Also it is his responsibility to fix this. You should get the value of your items returned and he has to deal with finding the package.
I suggest you contact him and link him to this thread. Let us know how he responds and we will go from there
Locutus

Unfortunately, USPS takes its sweet time cutting insurance checks; they cracked an LCD en route to my house last year, and it took 1.5-2 months for them to reimburse me $300. They didn't try to fix it in that time, just had it sitting in a warehouse; I'm told they were considering replacements, but that one had been discontinued for a couple of years already.

Even so, Insurance for $70 means he'll be responsible for the other $70, if you sent him $140 total. All responsibilities are with the seller, to make sure the buyer is happy with the end result (short of "I changed my mind," or "It doesn't look as good as I thought it would").

The other party owes you, no matter what has happened with the shipping. The problem I forsee, however, is that since this was a cross-trade, a doller value for the items was not established and agreed upon before the transaction, so nailing that down fairly is potentially problematic.

I've sent Leveller a PM asking him to post in this thread.

VA

Your timeline is off my friend. I can prove by pm the last time we spoke was 4/18 and the usps told we to wait 2 weeks from 4/18...well that two weeks will be up tomm (5/2) I cut off contact with you since then because you sent me a profanity laden threat. I replied back telling you what i've told you every friggin day I get more info. You have been most patient and I let you know this. I also told you I am a man of my word and would never rip anyone off. I have tons of feed on other sites and will gladly post the links here. I also told you if usps can't find the package you would be compensated in full via paypal, You said you did not have it so we agreed on a MO. Yes the package is insured for only $75 and I also told you I would cover the difference. So when the 2 weeks I had since the USPS told me to wait until is up (5/2) I will call and if there is no update I will drive down on Wed (5\3) to file my claim. I have said my piece and have saved all the pm's to prove all of our convo's and the timeline. I will not speak directly to you anymore as I stated in our previous PM because of the tirade i recieved followed by the quote "no hard feeling huh?" after you attempted to threaten me.

And oh yeah...you were the one a day late...I can prove that also.
We also agreed if the price was 5 bucks or more to ship we would use the lesser method...that was your idea.

Leveller is a good guy. I bought a Asus K8V motherboard from him. Everything was perfect and shipped very fast. I'm sure there is just a mix up somewhere.

Hope everything works out well.

~alky

it wasent intended to really thraten yu but to get your butt in gear and get me my crap.. i never said you never keep your word but ive had it.. ive been out anything for too long so....

work on it is all i have to say.... if not i will take it to the next step but as you say "you keep your word"

all i have to sa to that now...

Leveller said:
We also agreed if the price was 5 bucks or more to ship we would use the lesser method...that was your idea.
did i say exactly 5 or around 5... pm me the pm quote

asking kindly my personal name be removed from the first post. Also from this thread you can see I've tried my best and been moving my butt to exactly the way the usps has told me to handle this. No I do not have all day to track this package down but I have been doing exactly as instructed. And thanks for the kind words Alk.

Parties are in contact, so I am closing this thread. If either of you need to add additional information in the future, PM me or another moderator.

VA

leveller hasent contacted me.. and the 2nd of this moneth is when he wqas supose to call the PO back.... it is now the 5th.. i have not herd any word from him.. i sent him a pm that labled "so whats the deal" or somethng along that line....

leveller please get in touch with me...

A claim has been filed...as soon as I know something, He will too. I think it's funny that he's acting like I have never been in contact or keeping him out of the loop with his ever changing story.

Leveller said:
A claim has been filed...as soon as I know something, He will too. I think it's funny that he's acting like I have never been in contact or keeping him out of the loop with his ever changing story.
well you could have pmed me that info you did not.. anyway keep me updated cuz its been to long.. and that pm i sent you wasent laced wit threats

reporting people or a problem to all the forums and heatware and troll hunters arent threats..

this is a threat ~~~{EXAMPLE} "Im goin to kill you" {EXAMPLE}~~~ that is a threat .....

My thoughts:

Leveller, just say Hi to this guy every few hours. Keep in 'contact' with him.

Modding_junky, chill out a bit. You'll get your stuff. If he was a scammer, he would not be here talking. ;).

I am currently at work but just recieved a phone call from home. The shipping label came off during shipping and has been sent to my house along with a letter. The package has been sent to the dead parcel unit. I have to fill out the form and specify what was in the package. Once they get my letter and confirm the package contents with me they will write out a new shipping label and push it to it's destination. I can take pics of the label and letter if proof is needed but I will send out the letter on Mon.

You know what's amazing is that what you described happens a LOT. The PO tends to screw up things all the time and you end up having to deal with this crap. Sorry for both of you guys.

Leveller said:
I am currently at work but just recieved a phone call from home. The shipping label came off during shipping and has been sent to my house along with a letter. The package has been sent to the dead parcel unit. I have to fill out the form and specify what was in the package. Once they get my letter and confirm the package contents with me they will write out a new shipping label and push it to it's destination. I can take pics of the label and letter if proof is needed but I will send out the letter on Mon.
well thats good to know

Weazmeister said:
You know what's amazing is that what you described happens a LOT. The PO tends to screw up things all the time and you end up having to deal with this crap. Sorry for both of you guys.

tends to be happening lately. Late package deliveries, damaged mail etc. They're laying people off.

modding_JunKy said:
well you could have pmed me that info you did not.....

Thought he said he was going to file on the specified date. It now appears the popst office messed this up. Too bad you had to act like this insted of being more understanding. If it the tables were turned, how would you feel about all this. People have liveoutside of [H]. You will find this out when you get older.

Yeah I tried to be as specific as possible about everything. I knew right away I shouldn't have done this deal with a young person because they don't have (in general) a firm grasp on what day to day life is like for an adult that coaches soccer, football and works around 60-70 hours a week. I just can't be on my pc 24 hrs a day. I've said time and time again I am an honest trader and I always have been. Something went bad and patience was lost. If I was scamming him I would have never sent out the package to begin with and if I didn't care if he recieved it or not I wouldn't be posting here.

bLaCktIGErs91 said:
Modding_junky, chill out a bit. You'll get your stuff. If he was a scammer, he would not be here talking. ;).

Quite true. One time a friend of mine in the U.K. bought a game for me and sent it to me... took FOUR BLOODY MONTHS!

That was the last time I ever had anything sent/sent anything by the cheapest method. :)

Leveller said:
Yeah I tried to be as specific as possible about everything. I knew right away I shouldn't have done this deal with a young person because they don't have (in general) a firm grasp on what day to day life is like for an adult that coaches soccer, football and works around 60-70 hours a week. I just can't be on my pc 24 hrs a day. I've said time and time again I am an honest trader and I always have been. Something went bad and patience was lost. If I was scamming him I would have never sent out the package to begin with and if I didn't care if he recieved it or not I wouldn't be posting here.

Indeed very true.

seems that even if leverller is not a scammer per se, a lot of hard feelings would have been avoided if communication was more timely. And I am an adult, 37 yr, and do indeed have a busy schedule for the most part. It still only takes 60-120 seconds to open, compose, and send an email or PM. I can't believe that leveller couldn't find the time to do that. When you have someone's money and they got squat, you owe at least decent communication on the status and updates............

topcat989 said:
seems that even if leverller is not a scammer per se, a lot of hard feelings would have been avoided if communication was more timely. And I am an adult, 37 yr, and do indeed have a busy schedule for the most part. It still only takes 60-120 seconds to open, compose, and send an email or PM. I can't believe that leveller couldn't find the time to do that. When you have someone's money and they got squat, you owe at least decent communication on the status and updates............

I think you should read the whole thread first then make comments about leveller couldnt find the time to reply pms.

bail_w said:
I think you should read the whole thread first then make comments about leveller couldnt find the time to reply pms.

Lets not get off topic here.I have seen topcat989's postings for years.I am sure he read this whole thread before commenting.topcat989 is very respected [H]ere for his level head and cool demanor
Locutus

Thanks Vertigo Acid for the re-open

I have sent John 2 more pm's and nothing......

his Last Activity: 06-27-2006 05:23 PM

my 2 pm's were

06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
and
07-05-2006, 03:23 AM

so he must have seen the 1st pm....

I am sick an tierd waiting.... I want my stuff or money to equal the amount in stuff I sent him....

VERY BAD GUY DOSE NOT STAY IN CONTACT

STAY away.. even thow he dosent come on here any more and only has 66 posts....

can you admins/mods check IP's? If so serch for his IP and see if he has made anther account? Thank you so much!

Im still waiting John for my stuff.....you ahve had enuff time damnit

EDIT**********

this was my last Pm frm him at: 06-05-2006, 06:20 AM

Leveller said:
modding_JunKy said:
Leveller said:
I sent the letter out yesterday. Will contact you when I hear more from the PO
any more update.....
Sry I forgot about you. nothing yet but I will call the georgia office today. They said in the letter it could take a few weeks but I'll see if I can get an update.
EDIT******************

I just sent him another PM..

ME said:
Hey man.... wtf is wth my stuff.... or money.... its been way to long im fed up with it.. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1029723230
I think I still have his address and name.....

EDIT**********************************

Dose anyone know him.. his aim? yahoo? msn? maybe his phne number... Thanks

modding_JunKy said:
VERY BAD GUY DOSE NOT STAY IN CONTACT

STAY away.. even thow he dosent come on here any more and only has 66 posts....

can you admins/mods check IP's? If so serch for his IP and see if he has made anther account? Thank you so much!

Im still waiting John for my stuff.....you ahve had enuff time damnit

Dose anyone know him.. his aim? yahoo? msn? maybe his phne number... Thanks

take a chill pill :eek:

joeframbach said:
take a chill pill :eek:
its been what... 5-6 monthes...... I already chilled out..... I want my part of the trade of $140 what the stuff I sent him was worth......

5-6 months is long enough to chill. After 2 the other party involved should have made some sort of resolution with him.

I'm pissed..

heres his name and address...

<deleted>

any one know that address? or the guy? I would love it if soemone new him... thanks.....

Back