Man Hit By Car Playing "Humans vs. Zombies"

HardOCP News

[H] News
Canceling a game like this simply because a player was hit by a car? That's stupid, I would have just assigned him to the "Zombie" team and kept on playing. :D

A game pitting humans versus zombies at the University of Iowa was called off Tuesday when one participant was struck by a car. "Due to an unfortunate incident today, Humans vs. Zombies will be discontinued for the week," a posting on the Facebook page for RiverFest, which is an annual spring festival at UI.

I'm surprised that crap didn't happen around here. Injury is no surprise when some of these kids are just coming out of their caves for the first time ever.

Well, the car is definently more effective than hitting someone with a sock. Did they say if the car had a plow blade with sharks teehe painted on it?

Humans us socks there? At the university i work at/attend humans all get Nerf guns.
Zombie prom, is not different then other proms, just with 100% more zombie

I had to laugh hard at the title:

...the car was playing "humans vs zombies?" LOL (sorry always love to see missing commas, almost as good as "I helped my uncle, Jack, off his horse" as opposed to "I helped my uncle Jack off his horse" *evil grin*)

On-topic:
Was the man on the sidewalk? if not, it's his own fault for getting hit. If so, they're both a fault. There's no proof it has anything to do with the game.

And I agree, the zombie prom sounds... interesting... (and I too wish they'd had one of these at my uni)

When I first read the headline I thought they were talking about the droid game "Zombies, Run!".

A police activity log shows police are investigating a car versus pedestrian incident at the Jefferson and Clinton streets intersection about 1:15 p.m. Tuesday.
New game idea?

What really happened was that nobody specified in the rules what weapons could not be used against the zombie team.

at my school there have been a few kids sent to hospital because of this game... so silly

They should have stuck with Left 4 Dead. I don't know anyone who's been hit by a car playing that.

I had to laugh hard at the title:

...the car was playing "humans vs zombies?" LOL (sorry always love to see missing commas, almost as good as "I helped my uncle, Jack, off his horse" as opposed to "I helped my uncle Jack off his horse" *evil grin*)

On-topic:
Was the man on the sidewalk? if not, it's his own fault for getting hit. If so, they're both a fault. There's no proof it has anything to do with the game.

And I agree, the zombie prom sounds... interesting... (and I too wish they'd had one of these at my uni)

You beat me to it >.<

We have Humans vs. Zombies here at UMASS Amherst.

I'm like to partake in an area of the game I like to consider "Assholes vs. Humans vs Zombies".

The car driver scored +1 for the assholes!

I got hit by a car while walking to class to take a final once...I just had some bruising and sprained my hand when I hit the ground. They should've cancelled finals then.

Back