Man Dressed as Pikachu Tries Scaling White House Fence for YouTube Fame

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A 36-year-old Kentucky man who authorities said tried to scale a White House fence on Tuesday while dressed as the Pokémon character Pikachu had planned to film his act in an attempt to attain fame, according to an arrest affidavit filed in court: Curtis Combs told police he decided to try getting over the fence because he “wanted to become famous” and had planned to post his video to YouTube.

The court document does not indicate a reason for the Pokémon costume. Combs reportedly told police that he had researched others who had attempted or successfully gotten onto White House grounds and knew the type of criminal sentences they received. He said he knew he would be arrested. A man in 2014 was caught on the White House lawn dressed in a Pikachu hat and carrying a Pokémon doll.

Well, here we are talking about the guy. I guess he has his 15 minutes of fame.

Now, onto the next dumb shit trying to get famous!

For the life of me I can't find the article I read a while back. But it's a recurring survey of school age children, and part of it is what they find important. The article was talking about a huge surge in kids who felt that being famous was the most important thing, even more so than being rich. Another detrimental effect of the internet age.

If he was dressed as Charmander they would have let him over the fence.

brutus-buckeye-hit-004f16223db743e8.jpg

For the life of me I can't find the article I read a while back. But it's a recurring survey of school age children, and part of it is what they find important. The article was talking about a huge surge in kids who felt that being famous was the most important thing, even more so than being rich. Another detrimental effect of the internet age.
I believe it. I honestly don't understand the desire of being famous. I prefer a low key life where no know who I am and never get bothered.

What I mean is that they shoot unarmed innocent people every now and then, how come they never make that mistake with dipshits like these?

You don't really have to be worried about getting struck by lightning when you accidentally shoot humans do you?

From the article:

The court document does not indicate a reason for the Pokemon costume.

I don't need a reason to wear a Pikachu costume! I thought this was America!

What I mean is that they shoot unarmed innocent people every now and then, how come they never make that mistake with dipshits like these?

Probably because when you're trying to scale the wall of the White House, where the President of the United States lives and works, the whole "innocent" thing is probably a foregone conclusion and, surprise, 98.2% of police officers out there are trained to shoot people as an absolute last resort, contrary to whatever the media tries to sell you.

Damn it, guess I should cancel my flight to DC next week and come up with a different idea for fame & fortune. I always miss out on the good ideas.

What possesses someone to put on a Pikachu costume and try to climb the Whitehouse gates? Did this person wake up one day and think that would be a good idea? Some people have their priorities all wrong......

He should have went as Snorlax.

Probably because when you're trying to scale the wall of the White House, where the President of the United States lives and works, the whole "innocent" thing is probably a foregone conclusion and, surprise, 98.2% of police officers out there are trained to shoot people as an absolute last resort, contrary to whatever the media tries to sell you.

So why can't fate step in and let the next dipshit like this pull his stupid stunt in front of one of the other 1.8%?

I was in DC last year and walked by the White House (well, as close as the public is allowed - it's actually quite far away from the actual building). They had a very clear security presence. I don't know if they were police, secret service, whatever - but I do know they had "don't fuck with us" on their shirts. They watched everyone. I can't imagine this guy got far at all. Dressed like he was, they probably eyed him almost immediately as a potential threat.

A Youtube of a dumbass in a Pikachu costume getting popped by Secret Service UD would have made my day.

Back