Man Dressed As Jesus Arrested In Apple Store

HardOCP News

[H] News
What is wrong with the world today when it's okay for smelly hipsters to camp out all day in the Apple store but Jesus gets arrested. You have to ask yourself, what would Steve Jobs do?

The incident took place around 6:15 p.m. at the Apple Store at 16th and Walnut streets. Police tell Action News they received a call from the store manager about a man who would not leave the store when asked. Officers arrived to find Philly Jesus, a former drug addict whose real name is Michael Grant, and who is known to Center City residents for dressing like Jesus and quoting Bible verses.

Just shoo him out the door. No need for cops. Jeez...

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
I don't see the big deal! My wife has a cousin named Jesus that does the same shit everywhere he goes in Dallas.

Steve Jobs would have personally gone to the store with his pitchfork to try to stab him through the heart. Either that or crucify him on the spot.

The first thing I thought was "Is that Keith David in the backround?? Naahh!!". ;)

How funny would it be if the manager, before he noticed, was getting pissed off and yells "Jesus Christ!" and then hears from behind him "yes?"

Something about that scenario just tickles me...

Just shoo him out the door. No need for cops. Jeez...

Did you even read the snipet of text from the article that Steve posted? You don't even have to click on the article to learn that the guy wouldn't leave when asked. And you certainly can't put hands on him to force him out otherwise you'd be the one going to jail. Calling the cops when someone won't leave is the proper course of action.

Did you even read the snipet of text from the article that Steve posted? You don't even have to click on the article to learn that the guy wouldn't leave when asked. And you certainly can't put hands on him to force him out otherwise you'd be the one going to jail. Calling the cops when someone won't leave is the proper course of action.

And that is a large part of the problem. You can't even remove someone who is trespassing without calling the cops to do it because you will get sued.

Just ask him what would Jesus do if asked to leave or just ask him to please go out to the corner and preach as he could reach more people there. I'm a Christian and like other like me we know there is a time and place and a way to witness.

Just ask him what would Jesus do if asked to leave or just ask him to please go out to the corner and preach as he could reach more people there. I'm a Christian and like other like me we know there is a time and place and a way to witness.

Agreed. Even Jesus told his disciples if a place doesn't welcome you, just shake the dust off your feet on the edge of town and move on.

This dude has a previous record and hits people up for tips.

I would give him an iPad Pro loaded with the Bible and give him a corner. Problem solved. Besides, people would come just to see Jesus!

jesus_quintana_apple_store.jpg

Yea, set Jesus up with an IPhone and a ....
PayAnywhere Credit Card Reader

PayAnywhere.jpg

We'll be bowing down to Sharia Law in the U.S. soon. They have to get the infidels out first.

Sure, but why can't it just be about someone wanting to be able to operate their business without someone bothering their customers and interfering with others, lives?

And that is a large part of the problem. You can't even remove someone who is trespassing without calling the cops to do it because you will get sued.

Then how do bouncers do it?

It just popped in my head, honest :whistle:

Here, I'll answer my own question if you don't mind.

Do Nightclub Bouncers/Security Have Any Special Authority?
Nightclub security, despite what you may have seen in the movies, do not have a blank check to beat up people they don't like. It is a common misconception that "bouncers" have some kind of special right to physically remove people from the premises of a club, and to use choke holds and the like for people who refuse to leave. This is completely false.

In 99% of the nightclubs out there, bouncers are simply normal employees, not actual "security personnel" (who require special training and permits). This means that the authority of a bouncer is the same as any ordinary citizen. Bouncers have no special right to physically eject a customer who becomes drunk or obnoxious, any more than a waiter at a cafe does.

You might be surprised that, as far as the law is concerned, a bouncer can only ASK you to leave, and if you refuse, to then call the police and have you removed. This is not to say that if he puts his hand on your back, "guiding" you to the door, he has committed a crime, but a bouncer has no more right to physically assault you than anyone else does.

However, just like any other citizen, they DO have the right to defend themselves, or to detain you (with only reasonable restraint) if you are committing a crime. So if you refuse to leave the club, and punch away any security people that approach, then the bouncers can likely claim self defense when they punch you back (and they will).

- See more at: Nightclub / Bouncer Liability | LegalMatch Law Library

Nightclub / Bouncer Liability | LegalMatch Law Library

Protesting child labor, that might be something Christ would do... Oh wait...

I did.

And I can guarantee you my "Shoo" is far more powerful than his desire to preach inside of an Apple Store.

Actually that isn't a "large part of the problem", that's why we have a police force. It's their job to resolve disputes like this so no idiot goes off vigilante style and uses excessive force for minor crimes. It's what they're (usually) trained to do and they do it very well.

We'll be bowing down to Sharia Law in the U.S. soon. They have to get the infidels out first.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

And that is why Jesus will never make a second coming, he'll just get booted out of where ever he goes :D

And that is why Jesus will never make a second coming, he'll just get booted out of where ever he goes :D

Honestly, if he were to show up claiming to be Jesus, he'd be committed. Even if he was 100% the second coming of Christ. Even if he came to believers of Christ. How would one really tell that he's the real deal vs. the many false Jesus's (Jesai?) we've had in the past. Hell, we may have already killed/inprisoned the second Jesus Christ and we'd never know it.

Next headline - "Man dressed in black turtleneck and acting like an asshole grown baby is worshipped at Apple Store".

The 2nd coming of Jesus Christ is basically the end of all things and all time. He won't appear and walk around saying "hi" to people. It will be an earth shattering cataclysmic event. So BE AFRAID. Be very afraid.
Forget the dispansationalist prophetic version of end time events as seen in Left Behind and other such nonsense. NONE of that has anything to do with orthodox methods of bible interpretation.
We are in the "last days" since Christ has come and established his church. And these days will end in God's timing and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it.

How could you guys post this article? Have you no mercy? You must know what kind of religious fanatics will step up on the cable spool table to talk to all of us right?

Do you think the cops read him his rights or asked for forgiveness?

Every major city has a weird guy as a mascot. Atlanta's is Baton Bob, NY is that naked cowboy guy, and Philly is Jesus Grant.

Back