Man Cuts Internet Cables To Relieve Pressure On Brain

HardOCP News

[H] News
Got a headache? Grab a hatchet and start cutting all the internet cables in your area. You shouldn't feel anymore pressure on your brain after that...because you'll be in jail. ;)

A criminal complaint says officers were sent to a Hastings business on Jan. 4, 2013, after a 911 call was disconnected. The victim told officers that someone had cut the Internet wire as well as the phone line outside of his business. Just days earlier, someone had also cut the Internet wire, the gutter heater wire and the business’ two TV dish cables.

Sounds like the guy is having issues......

The business should ask that someone talk to the guy and if they can get any kind of cognizant agreement that he won't do it again, they should drop the charges and let the old dude go.

$1,000 is damages is BS, those cables can be patched up just fine for less and charging the old guy with a huge fine or jail time is useless. He ain't right in the head so what good does that do. He needs help and it isn't that expensive to repair the damage. Some of it is probably insured anyway and this is as good a reason for insurance as any.

Of course if the guy is faking it, hammer him :D

He was getting reception issues with his Tin Foil Hat....

Not surprised. :eek: Check out this Berkeley study: http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/ :p

Gotta love the conclusion:
Conclusion

The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations.
It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings.

Some people are more susceptible to mental problems & headaches from electromagnetic fields. But you don't start vandalizing property, you move.

Some people are more susceptible to mental problems & headaches [strike=]from electromagnetic fields[/s]. But you don't start vandalizing property, you move.

Read it and read it again.
http://www.skepdic.com/emf.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's one...
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/growing_hysteria/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And another...
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/10-06-09/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Science-Based-Medicine for good measure...
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...-health-effects-of-electromagnetic-radiation/

Just sayin

Sounds like the guy is having issues......

The business should ask that someone talk to the guy and if they can get any kind of cognizant agreement that he won't do it again, they should drop the charges and let the old dude go.

$1,000 is damages is BS, those cables can be patched up just fine for less and charging the old guy with a huge fine or jail time is useless. He ain't right in the head so what good does that do. He needs help and it isn't that expensive to repair the damage. Some of it is probably insured anyway and this is as good a reason for insurance as any.

Of course if the guy is faking it, hammer him :D

The issue isn't just repairing the the cables, it is also damages due to downtime.

My office had ISP issues for a single day. No one could get any work done. We lost a great deal of money that day. All those employees were just sitting around after an hour or two of what little we could get done offline, and the rest of that time was just massive amounts of overhead to the company.

Obviously this guy's situation isn't that dire but the cost is not simply mobilizing one tech to fix a couple cables.

He ain't right in the head so what good does that do.
Pretty obvious what it'll do:
1) If he's in jail, he won't be committing other crimes and will be supervised.
2) If he pays a fine, it compensates the business owner for his expense (including wasted time... yes, time, or more properly said downtime, is money for most of us) for the damage caused.

Win-win.

What an idiot, it wasn't the internet cables causing the problem, it was the cell phone towers. Everyone knows that, geez.

What I find hilarious is everything he hacked gives off basically no EMF.....

The sad part is I mentioned these to my mother and she agreed 100% until I told her that the cure (as per one article dissected by Rune75's last link) was regular Coffee Enemas... at that point they lost credibility... but until then... *shakes head* it's sad when someone with an education from Duke can be lead to believe such hogwash until confronted with something even further out into the 'insanity' field... (of course my father who's an engineer told her she was crazy but *shrug*)

Sheeple... we're surrounded by sheeple!

My mother-in-law cut the neighbors Sat cable because she thought is was spying on her. :rolleyes:

She was 68 years old with a history of mental illness...living an another state. Anyway the police put her in jail for 4 months..just to have the case dismissed by the judge. Mental illness is a joke in this country. That being said, I'll bet she was one of those crazy ladies on cops, probably punched at an officer or something. A little old lady, remember.

We ending up moving her to AZ and put her in assisted living so people can make sure she takes her meds.

Bottom line Mental illness is real, scary and sad...

I find no mention of 216-digit numbers in this thread. What are you people trying to hide?

LOL! The comments in the link went off topic faster than anything I've seen here! Went from wire cutting to a full on abortion debate from the first comment. Awesome.

Problem: 65 year old man obviously needs a mental health professional. Solution: fine him $1,000.

I'm glad that I don't live in the USA.

$1,000 is damages is BS

bhahahahaha hahahaha hahahahaha hahahaha... yea... not how it works... time and material cost money good sir, im surprised it wasnt a lot more then that!? To get trucks and guys out there to fix it, taking a few hours for all that equipment to be there, and that it probably was considered an emergency so they pulled guys from other jobs to go fix them... lots of time and money can be lost for the business's fixing them

Back