Man Beats Dark Souls III With His Feet

HardOCP News

[H] News
Watching this guy beat Dark Souls III with his feet makes me feel worse about not being able to beat the game with a keyboard and mouse.

Keyboard and Mouse makes Dark Souls 3 super easy. Feel bad for those with gamepads.

Keyboard and Mouse makes Dark Souls 3 super easy. Feel bad for those with gamepads.

wait really? my brother played through with a kb+m and i thought he was the greatest of all time because the controls sucked.

(he was also complaining about the controls a lot)

Really? I played through it on PS4 and never had an issue with the controller, in fact I thought it was a bit too easy. Playing through on new game plus now, but it's even easier so I think 2x will be my limit.

It must be some kind of special Foot controller he's using no way could he use a regular controller.

wait really? my brother played through with a kb+m and i thought he was the greatest of all time because the controls sucked.

(he was also complaining about the controls a lot)
If you played Dark Souls 3 with gamepad, the kb+m will feel terrible. Cause you're used to the gamepad. But they fixed the mouse controls really well in Dark Souls 3, to the point I forget the game was made for gamepad. But Dark Souls 3 has moves, and some powerful moves that are harder (IMO) to execute on gamepads vs Keyboard. For example, leap attack is forward+strongattack, which because of this I bind strong attack to 'E' so I just press W+E to leap attack, making the move trivial. I feel that From Software knew this was a difficult move to perform, so running + strongattack does the same thing now in DS3. Besides having mouse look to see everything around you helps to be more situational. Though DS3 lock on camera is horrible in DS3, and it seems to go which ever way it wants, and lots of bosses tend to break the lock on feature.

If you played Dark Souls 3 with gamepad, the kb+m will feel terrible. Cause you're used to the gamepad. But they fixed the mouse controls really well in Dark Souls 3, to the point I forget the game was made for gamepad. But Dark Souls 3 has moves, and some powerful moves that are harder (IMO) to execute on gamepads vs Keyboard. For example, leap attack is forward+strongattack, which because of this I bind strong attack to 'E' so I just press W+E to leap attack, making the move trivial. I feel that From Software knew this was a difficult move to perform, so running + strongattack does the same thing now in DS3. Besides having mouse look to see everything around you helps to be more situational. Though DS3 lock on camera is horrible in DS3, and it seems to go which ever way it wants, and lots of bosses tend to break the lock on feature.

I wasn't a fan of running strong attacks doing the jump attack. I'm in the minority that thinks DS2 was the best Soulsborne game. Almost every weapon had a different moveset. One of my best strategies with some weapons was sprinting into a strong attack, because a lot of people would roll in anticipation on a running R1, and get hit with the R2. I also liked the power stance system, which they did away with.

It feels like From is trying to make people forget that DS2 exists, even if it means gimping their game by getting rid of a lot of the good things DS2 did over DS1. I feel like if they had properly implemented some of the DS2 mechanics, DS3 could've been the greatest soulsborne game. As it sits, most weapons in the same class have the same moveset, and the PvP meta includes all of about 3 or 4 weapons (if you don't count the Estus spammers). Split damage has such bad scaling that using them in anything but PvE is a joke. I like heavy weapons, like UGSs and Great Hammers (Smough's hammer and the ultra great club are my favorites), but using them in PvP, or when I get invaded, is near impossible.

I'm sad about DS3. I'll probably go back to 2 until they fix a lot of the issues with 3.

The new spell system, though, is wonderful. In PvE, it works absolute wonders compared to DS2.

If that's the bar you're setting for 'contributions to humanity'

Let's see... I put my deodorant on this morning. That will have a greater impact on people's health and well being than beating a video game with my feet.

The bigger question is. Did you put the deodorant on with your feet?

As far as good Dark Souls players go, I guess you could say he's a real shoe-in.

Back