MalwareBytes Pro Lifetime Licenses $12, 2 For $22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily 1.75, as you can go a few versions into 2.x and still be ok, just not the last couple. I actually prefer 1.75 because of it's interface that makes sense, it updates several times a day, and works perfectly.

Not necessarily 1.75, as you can go a few versions into 2.x and still be ok, just not the last couple. I actually prefer 1.75 because of it's interface that makes sense, it updates several times a day, and works perfectly.

I don't know what you are talking about. My lifetime key has worked with every version to the current version. It still says my license is lifetime, so I don't know what you guys are claiming that they keys are being converted...

I don't know what you are talking about. My lifetime key has worked with every version to the current version. It still says my license is lifetime, so I don't know what you guys are claiming that they keys are being converted...

If you started with an earlier version a long time back, they automatically converted your 2 lines of product ID and password to just a one line combination code a few versions back from current. If you take a look now at what the program shows for a license now, you will see that your lifetime license is just one line. If, on the other hand, you try to install the most recent few versions with a two line original code, you would see that it won't take it. For some people, NOT ALL, only the previous versions form 1.x through the first few 2.x versions will accept and work with an original 2 line registration. It is very inconsistent and a YMMV situation.

P.S. BUMP.

I'd be interested, but I have to ask. If you have a "Lifetime" key, how can they prevent you from upgrading the version? Surely thats against the whole idea of a lifetime sub?

edit: Just checked their page. the lifetime key does work with any version.

I have a lifetime license, am I still covered?
If you previously purchased Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO, Malwarebytes will continue to honor your lifetime license for 2.0 and beyond. Your update to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is free. You will be able to transfer your lifetime license to a newer computer whenever you decide to upgrade or if you reformat your computer, but lifetime licenses are not transferable between users

I'll take 2

I bought 3 keys.
I just installed Old Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.6.1022. The keys worked to activate. Unchecked "Check for program updates when checking for database updates". Malwarebytes still nags me to update version. When I did it deactivated the program. Uninstalled and reinstalled the above version again to reactivate. The icon in the system tray constantly shows a red symbol indicating it needs attention to update it's version.

Just an FYI.

I guarantee these keys only for version 1.75 and the first version of 2.x. If they can go beyond, fine, but I cannot guarantee it.

I guarantee these keys only for version 1.75 and the first version of 2.x. If they can go beyond, fine, but I cannot guarantee it.

So you're saying that the two versions you reference will get rid of Malwarebytes nagging about having to upgrade its version and will remove the red symbol in the system tray? If so, I will redo with those versions no problem. Cause right now with the version I'm running it "appears" to be working and activated but nags about upgrade.

Yes, if you install either AND you change the setting to not nag you about upgrading, you will be good to go. The naging will not go away in any version until you tell it to in settings. Might try that first in your current version.

OK, just installed 2.0.1.1004, one version up from 1.75. Malware is activated. When I go to Settings>upgrade settings, there is no box to "check for upgrades to turn off".

Mbam.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And it still nags me.

I found and unchecked the box on the previous version I mentioned above but it still nagged me.

Keep looking. Different setting to unchecked about communications alerts.

That program version does not have many tabs to root through. I didn't miss anything. :)

Anywho, I installed version 1.75 and all is good. Activated, no nagware and unchecking update program version was actually harder to find but mission accomplished.

I would only recommend to folks to use version 1.75. Both installs were on 8.1 BTW.

I like the 1.75 version the best myself. It gets updated definitions regularly and does a good job protecting my computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back