Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro Lifetime - $9 1 PC

hmmmmm......very tempting....guess it could save you one day

Is this dead already? I just tried using that promo code and the price didn't change from $29.99.

EDIT: I'm retarded. It works fine. Thanks OP!

Thanks! I actually needed this for a PC I am repairing for someone. Saved me (them) $20!

does this have to be shipped lol......they cant just give a download code? why the 4 dollars shipping?:( this isn't 9 dollars its $12.99 for what should be a downloadable product?

Last edited:
Nice one, OP.

Regarding shipping, I've recently discovered that if you have an AMEX card, you might qualify for free shoprunner membership (I did, at least). Newegg seems to be a shoprunner affiliate, so as a shoprunner member you get free 2 day shipping on everything.

(I recently took advantage of this on TigerDirect as well. Though, TD only has shoprunner on select items, not everything in their catalog.)

Would have bought if it was digital. Physical for something like this is a joke.

on the contrary, the reason it's on promo is because they can't sell them at a higher price. So it makes perfectly logical sense that it's a physical disk.

I got it for $5 digitally from Egg a while back...TBH for what you get it is kinda meh. Especially at retail.

Shipping was free this morning. Had one in my shopping cart and went to add another item. When I went to finalize my order, the free shipping option was replaced by the $3.99 option. No free shipping kills the deal for me. Newegg can pound sand!

I you are interested in this I would buy it soon. Because with the 2.0 release they are going to a yearly $24.95 license no more lifetime:

"Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

As previously mentioned, with the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.x. We'll be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses during launch as well. On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1."

I you are interested in this I would buy it soon. Because with the 2.0 release they are going to a yearly $24.95 license no more lifetime:

"Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

As previously mentioned, with the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.x. We'll be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses during launch as well. On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1."

At least they're not cutting the v1.x licenses off.

My favorite file manager for Windows does that. The plague of being successful, once you saturate the market you cease having an income with lifetime licensing. I've switched to other products for total-system protection etc although I still have MBAM around in case.

Is v2 going to bring more features to the licensed version? Besides real-time protection, I don't see much of a point in paying for the program.

Is this worth it? Meaning does it find a lot of crap to remove on a regular basis? Never really had an issue but then again maybe ignorance is bliss...

I purchased Pro last year sometime for the same price. Unfortunately I lost the damn CD and cannot find my registration or anything so I can't renew it. Tempted to pick it up again but I'm seeing $16.89 with shipping after the promo code is added.

As far as I know the free version is pretty much the same quality as far as finding and cleaning your system. The only benefit of having the Pro Version is the fact it is always on. The Free version has to be run manually and doesn't have real-time protection like the Pro version. Might be a few other perks i'm not thinking of?

I purchased Pro last year sometime for the same price. Unfortunately I lost the damn CD and cannot find my registration or anything so I can't renew it. Tempted to pick it up again but I'm seeing $16.89 with shipping after the promo code is added.

As far as I know the free version is pretty much the same quality as far as finding and cleaning your system. The only benefit of having the Pro Version is the fact it is always on. The Free version has to be run manually and doesn't have real-time protection like the Pro version. Might be a few other perks i'm not thinking of?

As of now that is the only difference that I know of.

I've switched to Vipre Internet Security (AV/Firewall/etc) that I got for 1/2 off for lifetime subscription this winter...otherwise I'd still use MBAM active.

It's definitely a very good deal, but I'm not 100% sure on what the benefit of the paid version is vs. the free version. I bought a lifetime license for my main PC about a year or so ago and am using the free version on my HTPC.

I have used PRO for a few years and can honestly say that I have never had the real time protection do squat. It is always after the fact, so the free version is probably just as good. Not to mention that it uses a bunch of memory in real time. I guess to each their own...

seems to have gone up to $12 now

$39.99 - $27.99 for the promo code (plus $3.99 shipping, shoprunner is free ship)

Thanks OP, bought another copy. I use MBAM Pro in conjunction with Security Essentials/Defender on all my PC's. Works great with no annual subscription. I'll probably pick up a few more copies if they're going to be changing to a subscription model.

Is this any better than windows defender? (I'm on Windows 8)

...Win Defender is a firewall program. This is a malware program.

Thanks OP, bought another copy. I use MBAM Pro in conjunction with Security Essentials/Defender on all my PC's. Works great with no annual subscription. I'll probably pick up a few more copies if they're going to be changing to a subscription model.

With MSE being admittedly failing at doing the job, I'd shop for something else. Sadly you missed the great AV sale as Black Friday had all the AV companies selling 50-75% off.

Got my copy today, pretty fast delivery. Guys it has a CDKey on the back, so although I got a disk, I dont have a drive to put it into. Just download the free version and youll see an Activate button to put your key in.

Back