Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware Pay Versions

Operaghost

[H]ard|Gawd
Are they worth it?

Would running both of them with active scanning be redundant or take up a lot of resources?

MB Pro doesn't take up resources. Whether they're worth it or not depends entirely on how much you tend to infect your machines. I almost never do, and hence MBPro hasn't really been worth it for me...then again I got it at a steep discount so can't complain too much.

normally one is enough, running two tends to be a bad idea.

Ok I think I will go with MBPro then, for $25 it will at least give me a little more peace of mind.

Another question regarding antimalware software. I've read that running more than one can be detrimental to each other.

Is this true only when manually running a scan?
In other words, if I purchase MBPro, should I even use SuperAntiSpyware at all? Same with Spybot?
I'm just curious which programs I should run together to keep my system the safest it can be, without causing conflicts between the programs themselves.

All this on top of running MS Security Essentials as my Antivirus.

i bought malware bytes and just nice to know it is there!

what would it cost you in time if you got infected?

Yes, years and years ago the issue was do not run 2 AVs at once, they can conflict and cause issues, how evcer i think it more came down to resources of 2 apps scanning everything...

If you want a great combination of products that work well together:

Malwarebytes + Bitdefender works alongside each other well.

Another option is:

Emsisoft Antivirus + HitmanPro Cloud Scanner.

Mbam and Hitman will work alongside most any quality AV product.
The difference being MBam is proactive and doesn't require a connection.
Hitman Pro is more reactive, and requires an Internet connection
(unless you run it in EWS mode then it will work w/o that, but if it can't
get / doesn't have current updates its kinda limited)

I run Avast with the paid version of SuperAntiSpyware and they seem to work fine together. No problems that I've noticed. I also occasionally run the free version of MalwareBytes, just to scan with a different scanner.

Back