Malta 7990 on Newegg

out of stock again, that didnt take long

lol

Based on ebay auctions, I can't tell if people are just trying to flip these or what.

I'd have to deal with tax though, so $1150 puts it out of my budget by a couple hundred...

its one per customer, so if they are flipping them, they arent make much money...

Installed my card a few hours ago, went 3 -day shipping on Newegg but arrived next day :) So far very happy with it. It's noticeably more quiet than my dual 7950s and runs cooler overall. Worth the extra money to me. I wish AMD brought this out sooner.

I have one 7990 now.. Just waiting for the Sapphire model to come back in stock. Its sad that Amazon is not carrying these at all....

I have one 7990 now.. Just waiting for the Sapphire model to come back in stock. Its sad that Amazon is not carrying these at all....

Do you still have either of your 7970s? Are you trying tri-fire? Thoughts on how the card is performing for you?

Do you still have either of your 7970s? Are you trying tri-fire? Thoughts on how the card is performing for you?

This card is doing really well.

2 MSI 7970 Lightings @ 1070/1400 did 11,332 in Firestrike

One Powercolor 7990 @ 1070/1400 did 10,409 in Firestrike

about 8 -9 % difference.... Not much...

Tomb Raider the benchmarks were almost identical @ 5760 X 1080 using highest settings. The 7990 was like 1 fps slower

2nd 7990 will be here on Wed..... Problem is the first 7990 I got is a Powercolor first Gen ( which has been running awesome for the past couple weeks I have owned it ) and the Sapphire card coming in will be the new Malta 7990. I will be running a few benchmarks when the Sapphire one comes in on Wed and the Powercolor one is going up for sale on the forums to buy another Sapphire or Powercolor 2nd Gen 7990 Malta. Both waterblocks will be here from EK this week too....

2nd 7990 will be here on Wed..... Problem is the first 7990 I got is a Powercolor first Gen ( which has been running awesome for the past couple weeks I have owned it ) and the Sapphire card coming in will be the new Malta 7990. I will be running a few benchmarks when the Sapphire one comes in on Wed and the Powercolor one is going up for sale on the forums to buy another Sapphire or Powercolor 2nd Gen 7990 Malta. Both waterblocks will be here from EK this week too....

Make sure to keep us posted! :)

other 7990 is arriving today .. im going to do a few benchmarks with the 2 7990's .. one is the first generation and the Sapphire one arriving today is 2nd gen...I probably wont get alot of time to do benchmarks tonight ... ill post what i figure out ... going to pick up my other 2 monitors tomorrow night and ill be posting some 5400x1920 vids soon too :)

Yes let us know about the quad-fire performance. I've been burned by quadfire in the past, would never attempt it again. Crossfire x2 or SLI x2 is probably the highest I'd go for price/performance reasons. The 3rd and 4th gpus generally are a lot less efficient than the first two.

Well the 2 7990's are not playing nice with each other. I think its because one is 1st Gen and one is 2nd Gen. The 1st Gen Powercolor is going up for sale on the forums and going to buy another 2nd Gen Malta 7990. There was a review by Kitguru and they were saying they didn't have any problems at all.... Further testing here I go.... Plus the new 7990 will only go up to 85 Hz... I'll have to investigate that further too....

Well the 2 7990's are not playing nice with each other. I think its because one is 1st Gen and one is 2nd Gen. The 1st Gen Powercolor is going up for sale on the forums and going to buy another 2nd Gen Malta 7990. There was a review by Kitguru and they were saying they didn't have any problems at all.... Further testing here I go.... Plus the new 7990 will only go up to 85 Hz... I'll have to investigate that further too....

Ouch, sorry to hear that. AMD has never done quadfire justice with their drivers. It might not be a hardware issue...
I had identical Sapphire 5990s before. And they absolutely sucked when I put the second one in.

You'd think AMD would have fixed it in the two subsequent generations, but it sounds like they still don't give a damn about the ultra high end video card buyers. Which is weird.
Why do they give the least attention to the people who spend the most money and buy the 'flagship' cards?

-_- so is Newegg the only place getting these or something? I've yet to see them in stock elsewhere

Not that I hate Newegg or anything, but was hoping at SOME chance in hell at being able to buy a Sapphire 7990 without California tax (extra $91-ish)

Sorry, I wouldn't actually ever purchase such expensive gpus.
I like Radeons and AMD, but, could you please explain to me why you would want a 7990 instead of purchasing some used GTX 680's for <$350 each?

is it for gaming or mining?

From a gaming standpoint, I wold think that SLI 680's would be much better and cheaper.
From a mining standpoint, the 7950 or 7970 is hard to beat, even accounting for total system costs.

I, for one, need displayport ports. I use multiple monitors and prefer displayport whenever possible. If a 1440p at 120Hz monitor surfaces that uses DP, I'll sell this DVI Overlord in a heartbeat.

AMD gives me displayport ports. nV doesn't. The power requirements, horsepower, only needing two slots, and everything else made it a buy for me. I'll sell a couple things to offset the expense and that should be that.

Powercolor as well, buts its a 3 slotter...

Yeah, it's also not the official "Malta" and requires way more power... so anyone checking it out and actually willing to drop that kind of money should put it towards the Sapphire.

That kind of stings since I purchased a 7990 for $1050 a few weeks ago. Oh well, I emailed Newegg and they were kind enough to give me a $50 gift card, good enough for me :)

Damn, this would look nice in my PC, to bad I don't have that much disposable income.... right now :D

I got my 2nd 7990 enroute. Powercolor 7990 V2 Malta... It will bere Tuesday... I'm so stoked!!!

and yes they will be both watercooled.

One 7990 pushing 5400x1920 is struggling in alot of games....

I'll post benchies as soon as I can...

Probably because they are coming out with a new series soon. Why else ?

Back