Making XP clock display short date and time

Cornflake

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way to make the Windows XP clock display the "short date" (ie 01/01/2008) next to the time in the system tray. I did some googling and found a free software app that displays the date and time, but it doesn't allow you to make it display the short date (it was Clock Tray Skins Lite). I'm posting here because I'd like to save the trouble of downloading 10 programs just to see which one will actually let me use the short date, because maybe one of you have found one that works before me. Oh and it needs to use the same font that my Windows clock is currently set to...

I'd like to make it display dd/MM/yy HH:mm (24 hr). I set my clock to that in the Regoinal options in the Contral panel but it doesn't display the date unless the taskbar is widened. Plus it doesn't show short date. Maybe there is a registry tweak for this?

- Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Ah, thank you TechieSooner!

That's almost 100% what I need. It allows me to change the format and order of the time / date, and use any font I like. However, it looks as if it was made before Windows XP was released, and the clock can only have a solid background color instead of being transparent (just hte font visible). No doubt because Windows 9x and 2000 had a solid color taskbar.

So something that does the same thing but allows a transparent background would be perfect.

Back