Making The Swords From The Witcher 3

Don't really have any sense of what the swords should look like, but man something about metal working that just seems super awesome.

I love this video series. The guys really good with doing pieces from a huge variety of fiction, from GOT, to LOTR, to Marvel, Anime... He's not particular to one fandom, which is awesome.

I'm waiting for the arm-chair blacksmiths and metallurgists to stake their claims and puff their chest by saying the workmanship or techniques are rubbish...

there's always ONE with every cool video posted.

They must have looked at detailed concept art for this. I had no idea about the designs on the butt-end, or the braided metal handles.

I love this video series. The guys really good with doing pieces from a huge variety of fiction, from GOT, to LOTR, to Marvel, Anime... He's not particular to one fandom, which is awesome.

I'm waiting for the arm-chair blacksmiths and metallurgists to stake their claims and puff their chest by saying the workmanship or techniques are rubbish...

there's always ONE with every cool video posted.

That's cool, gonna have to check out their channel. What anime have they done? Some of the Bleach swords would be pretty badass to see IRL.

That's cool, gonna have to check out their channel. What anime have they done? Some of the Bleach swords would be pretty badass to see IRL.

There are two series, Man At Arms and Man At Arms: Reforged. Between them, they've made the scissors from Kill La Kill, the Meteor Sword from The Last Airbender, the Zangetsu Sword from Bleach, and while I'm not sure it qualifies, the Sword of Omens from Thundercats, for example.

That is so awesome. These are people who likes their work and wants to have fun along with it!

Wow. Squall's Gunblade? Holy hell, that's so cool.

I really like their videos, except for a few weird re-imaginations they did like the Captain America ninja stars.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AweMeChannel/videos

At first, the work was done by a guy named Tony Swatton who makes lots of props for movies. Then they switched to the Baltimore Knife Co. for the videos. Both are awesome. There are weapons (and the occasional shield or armor piece) from video games, movies, anime, and tv shows.

Pretty sure there was Zangetsu. The current people made Mihawk's sword from One Piece, the scissor sword from Kill La Kill, and Tessaiga from Inuyasha. The other guy, Tony, made Kirito's black sword from SAO, the ninja kid's weapon from Soul Eater, and Edward Elric's spear from FMA, I probably missed some but you should definitely check out the channel.

Great series. I find the unpractical weapons interesting. Cloud’s Buster Sword which they could barely lift. Sephiroth’s Masamune which was wobbly cause of its insane length.

They had to make Thor’s Mjölnir hollow. Otherwise none would have been found worthy to lift it due to its incredible weight.

There was a Witcher sword replica similar to that in the video (Geralts silver blade) for sale on our ebay domain for $1k months ago.

I found it strange that the logos they displayed for the Witcher 3 included a WB games logo!?!

This wasn't published by WB games, at least not in the US, AFAIK... does anyone know if WB published the game elsewhere, or am I just crazy and they DID somehow publish the game (and not GOG/CDPR themselves)?

They're listed as one of several distributors on Wikipedia, mentioned as the NA publisher elsewhere, no clue.

if you are in the us you can go to some ren faires and try your hand at it... you might want to get the old fashion barbells out and try to hold your arm straight out in front of you and bending at the elbow bring it up to ninety degrees. Guys who think their super tough who spend most of the time on the couch lifting beer who think because they go to the gym all the muscle in their will be as strong as a construntion worker drop the barbell in the floor. I can get up to about fifty pounds at which point my arm risks mess up my elbow. I'm sure it is possible to get more out there as their is a ninety pound smiths hammer in several musems in europe. But the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire www.parenfaire.com has a permenat booth that you can try hammering out your own axe. no wooden handle and your arm will really hurt unless you hammer stuff all day and wood only helps so much since iron takes a look more force to give and most people's strikes bounce off and if you have ever hit a fast ball and had that stinging in your hands from not holding firmly enough well this stings the same way. This has ads it is how they make money to support keeping the current info has all the ren faires if you want to find a local one to see it in person. Texas would like be the dallas one or sherwood you want to see some crazy smithing swing by one the angel swords. He is trying to bring back the norse wotz steel. which is made by twisting and breaking the crystaline structure of steel into smaller crystals that form a more perfect line. all metal is formed of cystals that sit like bag of jacks unless you temper steel, then they form a series of lines a couple micons thick on top of each other. the steel bends or breaks depending on how force impacts the line either on crystal or between them, if on if force spreads alone a triagle the force breaks and bounces back it it hits on a stack you get a ripple in the steel if the force is greater than the lateral strength, it between it sheers or shatters depending on if the next piece it hits is a between or crytstal and how the force impacts. Ie

| | ||
| |
|| sheers

<> <>
| | | |
<> <> bounces back

<> < >
<> '
< > shatters

http://www.renfaire.com/Sites/

I think I have to mention I'm biased since I worked at three different faire depending on where I was living at the time, as most of the performer are not paid, usually only security most hire off duty cops so they get a chance to see people having fun and are better trained to deal with drunks... though they are fun once the crowds go home. Not that we keep playing but switch to camping out and playing cards and other boring normal stuff friends do.

Back