Making the switch - XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit

Does anyone else have a weird bug where play/pause on their keyboard doesn't work unless WMP, Zune, or whatever you are using is not minimized ? I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-Bit with a Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard

Do you have the latest drivers for the keyboard/mouse? Make sure you do, and make sure you are assigning the keys properly in the software config for the keyboard.

I'm running a Microsoft NEK4000 keyboard, and I've assigned the palm area Back/Forward buttons to previous track/next track. They work flawlessly, but I'm using it in Winamp. I also use what's called "Winamp Controllers" to properly assign the shortcut keys on my keyboard. They work perfectly.

Do you have the latest drivers for the keyboard/mouse? Make sure you do, and make sure you are assigning the keys properly in the software config for the keyboard.

I'm running a Microsoft NEK4000 keyboard, and I've assigned the palm area Back/Forward buttons to previous track/next track. They work flawlessly, but I'm using it in Winamp. I also use what's called "Winamp Controllers" to properly assign the shortcut keys on my keyboard. They work perfectly.

Yeah, I have the latest software from MS. I have the assignments right too, cause it works when WMP is on top, it's just some weird quirk I guess. It's annoying though, cause stop and all the other controls work

My advice is to let Vista learn your computer habits for a few days. It starts off not quite as snappy as it ends up being, just let it learn and you'll be happy. I also advise keeping UAC enabled, but that's just me (lots of people will disagree with me here).

I haven't had any driver or software compatibility issues outside of Dreamcast games in Gametap.

Back