making something with MS office products

ok.. i want to make something like this...

id3490.gif

but using MS office... i like the whole putting the long descriptions at a 40 degree angle thing.. but i can't figure out how to do it.. i could use word art in word.. but it keeps all the letters straight up and down and skews them...

it needs to me in office becasue other people will have to edit it.. and the whole speadsheet part needs to work so we can do the calculations and shit...

so does anyone have any ideas?

i could resort to typing things into a cell in excel normally... but the descriptions are long.. so they would have to be multiline... does anyone know how to make excel force the text to go to the next line within a cell?

thanks

scott

scottatwittenberg said:
i like the whole putting the long descriptions at a 40 degree angle thing..

You can do it; it's just a matter of getting the formatting settings sorted out. So, let's say this angled column is in cell B2.

1) Enter "type my words here cause they are long sentences" into B2.
2) Select cell B2. The cell, not the text.
3) Use the "Cells..." command in the "Format" menu
4) Activate the "Alignment" tab in the resulting "Format Cells" dialog.
5) In the "Orientation" group box, set 60 degrees
6) Under the "Text Control" group, mark "Wrap text"
7) Press OK to dismiss the "Format Cells" dialog
8) Highlight Row 2.
9) Make it taller. How tall is up to you; you can move it around to compromise between space and wrapping.

That's all using Office XP. I think it works the same way in Office 2003 and Office 2000, but I don't have those installed so I can't tell you for sure.

.B ekiM

It's a MS product so most likely you can make anything with it. LOL :D

Joke aside I believe the method oulined by mikeblas works with the older versions. :)

scottatwittenberg said:
sweet, it worked perfectly for me... office 2003 btw..

Awesome! I guess I'll knock off early and go drinking.

.B ekiM

Back