Making a 5970 fit into a CM Storm Scout =)

leemik

Weaksauce
I love how the Storm Scout looks and knew the card wouldn't fit but such a nice case for only $79.99 at my local Microcenter.. I figure i'll just cut it up!

Now, I could cheat and make it easier on myself by putting the card in PCI slot #2 but that wouldn't be [H]. Measuring up how much I need to cut for the 5970.. I need 13" from the end of the case...
step2cu.jpg

Drilled out the 8 rivets holding the drive cage and dumped it.. i'll figure out something later.. NOTE: at this point if you could put a 5970 in slot #2 of your motherboard and you are done.
step1f.jpg

marking where I need to cut
step3y.jpg

BAM now it fits!.. I stole a drive cage from a spare PC case I had lying around and velcro-ed it to the bottom..air flow should actually better with the huge cage out of the way
step4m.jpg

finished product
step5rw.jpg

overclocked to 4.2 GHz :dance:
cpuid.jpg

nerding out on Eyefinity..
step6v.jpg

This picture is embarrassing because it's a mess ... the case with all my crap jammed into it.. under the 5970 is a SATA controller and an 8800GTX for PhysX.. The H5O is in push pull with a Scythe 3000RPM fan and there are 3000RPM fans everywhere.. turned up, the system sounds like a server room lol
img8485f.jpg

--mike

Nice job getting the 5970 in there!

I really like my Scout as well. Might be tight in there but it does the job well.

Back