Makemkv won't rip sounds

anthrex

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm trying to convert my dvds to mkv and when I try to do TS folder (for any movie) it doesn't bring over the audio and all i get is a scratchy sound. Any help is appreciated!

criccio

Fully Equipped
How are you doing this?

The best way if you plan on re-encoding:

From another thread with same topic.

This is asked weekly.

Easiest method with 100% transparency to source:

1. Rip with DVDfab HD Dycrypter
2. Encode with Handbrake (High Profile - Film preset)

The "High Profile - Film" preset uses x264 to encode to an H264 file, grabs the DD audio and puts them both in a (roughly 1.4GB) MKV file.

Perfect.

If people tell you to use XviD/DivX and .AVI containers, tell them its 2009 and to move on. There are better things out there.

If you for some reason don't want to re-encode (no matter how much HDD space you have, 1.4GB is smaller then 7+GB), just use MakeMKV

anthrex

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I got plenty of space for my dvds so no rush to shrink them down. I'm just saying Makemkv is not working for me. All I do is select the largest file and select the audio. When the process finishes it rips the video fine, but there is no audio.

Snowknight26

Supreme [H]ardness
Check to make sure it has an audio track. If it does, your decoder ir probably broken.

anthrex

[H]ard|Gawd
The audio was supported, but makemkv just wasn't working. Guess I'll just stick with anydvd+handbrake. It's not a bad solution, but I just don't want to wait 3 hours for a movie to get encoded with Handbrake.