Makemkv won't rip sounds

anthrex

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm trying to convert my dvds to mkv and when I try to do TS folder (for any movie) it doesn't bring over the audio and all i get is a scratchy sound. Any help is appreciated!

How are you doing this?

The best way if you plan on re-encoding:

From another thread with same topic.

This is asked weekly.

Easiest method with 100% transparency to source:

1. Rip with DVDfab HD Dycrypter
2. Encode with Handbrake (High Profile - Film preset)

The "High Profile - Film" preset uses x264 to encode to an H264 file, grabs the DD audio and puts them both in a (roughly 1.4GB) MKV file.

Perfect.

If people tell you to use XviD/DivX and .AVI containers, tell them its 2009 and to move on. There are better things out there.

If you for some reason don't want to re-encode (no matter how much HDD space you have, 1.4GB is smaller then 7+GB), just use MakeMKV

Well I got plenty of space for my dvds so no rush to shrink them down. I'm just saying Makemkv is not working for me. All I do is select the largest file and select the audio. When the process finishes it rips the video fine, but there is no audio.

Check to make sure it has an audio track. If it does, your decoder ir probably broken.

The audio was supported, but makemkv just wasn't working. Guess I'll just stick with anydvd+handbrake. It's not a bad solution, but I just don't want to wait 3 hours for a movie to get encoded with Handbrake.

Back