Make this Christmas [H]ard to forget

Adding another 10 GPUs ....
Correction: 12

Currently folding: 144 CPU cores and 33728 GPU shader cores.
Unfortunately, I am running out of unused GPUs I could add.
Good that we have winter temperatures out here .....

Good that we have winter temperatures out here .....

AndyE,

:eek: What is your preferred arrangement? 2 per/ 3 per/ 4 per motherboard? Or do you also have some crazy 12 slot motherboard? ;)

Also, I've been dying to ask,

What is our next goal when we pass default on points?

Oooh...ahhh...I feel so inadequate! :D
(Queue the cymbals and..."that's what my ex-wife used to say!") :rolleyes:

And I think that maybe "taunting" might have been misunderstood...i meant it in a friendly way; after all, I didn't put a :mad: face along that same sentence...did I? :p

Only running a paltry 176 CPU cores and 9024 GPU shader cores myself, but by the end of this weekend I should be up to 272 CPU cores and maybe a few more GPU shader cores.

I repeat...should be...

Also, I've been dying to ask,

What is our next goal when we pass default on points?

To the moon! Actually, I don't know what's next, seeing as [H] will have stomped all and sundry in our path!

Suggestions gladly accepted :cool:

AndyE, scubadiver59 it is all friendly banter to spur each other on to greater achievements. <cavejohnson> For science! </cavejohnson>

Seriously, it all furthers our common goal to eradicate modern scourges of humanity. If we have some fun along the way, all the better.

Thanks Red Falcon for bringing more to the table when the [H]orde goes on to Defeat Default.

Overtake: 8 Days, Date 2013-12-07 08:52

Let's end the week with some pretty pictures.

hordeovertake-20131129.JPG

What is your preferred arrangement? 2 per/ 3 per/ 4 per motherboard? Or do you also have some crazy 12 slot motherboard?
And upon that musing, the state of [H] Folding changed forever. And it came to pass, that....

In case people haven't followed the change at the helm.

Brilong overtook mtnduey today.
Leading now with 10.43 mio ppd vs. 10.25 mio ppd

and btw: November will be the first month the [H]orde will be over the 2bn mark

Andy

I threw some wood on the fire a few days ago. Let's hope the farm doesn't get a bunch of 8101 WUs. :D

Who doesn't like more pictures?! Certainly not me. Here, let me show you another quite interesting one:

hordeactivemembers-20131130.PNG

Look at the number of folks who have jumped onboard the [H]orde Express to Defeat Default!

Clearly there are many more lurkers out there who are helping us attain our goal. This post goes out to all those who are silently folding away.

Salute!

I threw some wood on the fire a few days ago. Let's hope the farm doesn't get a bunch of 8101 WUs. :D

I guessed so - awesome!

Info from the lower ranks:
With the GPUs now on, I had my highest daily production yet: 3,62 mio ppd yesterday :D

Andy

I guessed so - awesome!

Info from the lower ranks:
With the GPUs now on, I had my highest daily production yet: 3,62 mio ppd yesterday :D

Andy

"lower ranks" lol. A few months ago that would have been nearly #1 production haha..

MtDuey and Brilong had to come along and flip the game upside down...

Forgot to mention... Gonna move all my daily activities over to laptop so I can keep my DD pumping till at least we pass!

For the [H]!

Does anybody know "letsche"?

He is folding for default, with 11.18mio ppd currently the highest performer in the global list.
But if you look at the last 3 days, his contribution was in the 20 mio ppd range.
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=619341

mtnduey has about 50 WU / 10 mio ppd, letsche uses 1200 WU / 20 mio ppd - looks like either a GPU farm, or many smaller systems

He is making our goal harder to achieve ...

Last edited:
Stanford says that they have 904 clients active. Googling the name comes up with the first link as a Wikipedia article to a school. I suppose that if it is them then maybe they are just breaking in new hardware. That or someone wanted to have fun over the holiday weekend.

I noticed that, my farm is having a hard time keeping up with you now! we're +/- 250k-ish from each other right now.

Ah yes, the old "roll the dice and hope the rigs keep folding while I'm on vacation" game.

Its one of my favorites.

Appearantly my roommate turned off my rig to save power. Guess he's not really into charity work. Time for a 60/40 split on the power bill :( Sorry everyone I'm down until after the overtake date.

AndyE,

:eek: What is your preferred arrangement? 2 per/ 3 per/ 4 per motherboard? Or do you also have some crazy 12 slot motherboard? ;)
For peace of mind, proper temperature and cost & energy efficiency: 2
But I am case limited (having more GPUs than proper cases), so the current setup is:
5x Dual GPU cases
1x i7-3930K System/ASUS X79WS system which could hold 4x NVidia GPUs (my ATI cards aren't fit for that arrangement), but currently only with 3 GPUs due to power limitations: The case has a 1200W power supply which cant handle 4 GTX 780 GPUs folding. The one 1500W PSU I have is in a different server case - don't want to turnoff the rigs and switch PSUs. So the last GPU is now in my home desktop which usually has only a power oriented low perf card (GT560 Ti).
The big adv servers are:
1x E5 4p (E5-4650, 32/64 c/t) - produces highest ppd
1x E5 2p (E5-2697v2, 24/48 c/t) - has best energy efficience
1x E5 2p (E5-2687W, 16/32 c/t) - contributor, was available

After 3.62mio ppd on the first day, the second day showed 3.7mio ppd. Not sure I can reach 4mio ppd, but that would indeed be nice :D

Also, I've been dying to ask, What is our next goal when we pass default on points?

Next immediate goal: saving power again. Unfortunately, the current level is unsustainable

Using the GPUs for SW development, investigating scaling behavior of algorithms. My son studies physics. I am curious by profession :) and I am interested in heterogeneous computing and in high I/O workloads ....

I have 3 quad-packs of GPUs for that matter:
1) 4x GTX Titan (NVidia architecture, high double precision performance)
2) 4x GTX 780 (NVidia archiecture, used for mixed precision apps)
3) 4x ATI 7970 GE (AMD Architecture)
and an additional Titan and GTX 780 Ti

cheers,
Andy

Default isn't going down without a fight, let's check the 7 day numbers:
[H] 526.7M​
Default 334.7M​

But it is only delaying the inevitable, [H] will Defeat Default! We'll just have to wait and see what the coming week's numbers look like with the Christmas challenge going.

In better news, the mighty [H]orde posted 2,124,573,987 points in November! Mighty fine effort all! Keep those CPUs and GPUs burning...

Overtake: 7 Days, Date 2013-12-08 14:33

I have 3 quad-packs of GPUs for that matter:
1) 4x GTX Titan (NVidia architecture, high double precision performance)
2) 4x GTX 780 (NVidia archiecture, used for mixed precision apps)
3) 4x ATI 7970 GE (AMD Architecture)
and an additional Titan and GTX 780 Ti

cheers,
Andy

If that GTX 780ti isn't busy, I have a GTX 780 ti that it can be friends with and play at my house. ;)

You had to jinx it didn't you:p, Getting a steady stream of 8101 now and its knocked my PPD off by 300k

I'm out for a few days while I try to stomp some butt over at OCN and keep my team on top; it probably won't work as my team's numbers are few, but I'm giving it all I have for now.

I'll be back over to [H] at noon this coming Sunday and help polish off Default.

I have been testing these 290x cards I have in my box so I figured some Folding would do them some good. :)

big performer for default - "letsche" - who did approx 20mio ppd in the last few days, seems to have stopped folding, bringing default's daily production back to 37 mio ppd.

without further changes, approx 4 days are needed ....

Andy

btw,
had my first daily result above 4 mio ppd (4.5 mio ppd).
7day average up at 3.3m ppd, still growing :)

Hmm-mmm, change numbers they do:

hordeovertake+20131205.PNG

Overtake: 4 Days, Date 2013-12-09 11:38

Victory, soon.

The beers are cold and the tamales are getting steamed. Let's do this!

Team [H] just passed the 36 billion points mark.
Less than 42 mill points remain to pass default.

but [H] big folders drop their PPD (ex: Grandpa stopped folding past few days).
What's wrong? [H] doesn't want to over throw DEFAULT? or dislike help for other folders?
If so, I should go back to my team then.

@sbinh,
Grandpa and Musky are helping out others in their christmas challenge (they shared their intention and step)
In the last 24 hrs, [H] delivered 62 mio points, vs 36 mio points for default - so we are still zooming in on default.
wrt to lower levels of [H] folders:
mtnduey and brilong are still above their amazing 10 mio point levels
For this "goal" I cranked up my part from 1.7 mio ppd to now approx 3.5 mio ppd.
Can't speak for others, but from my POV all help from members of other teams (like you) is indeed welcomed. Thank you so much.

In the next 2 days there might be some reason to celebrate.:) But first we have to get there. 2 days to go.

Andy

What's wrong? [H] doesn't want to over throw DEFAULT? or dislike help for other folders?

We really appreciate all of your help! Some of us are doing the WCG (BOINC) Xmas challenge is all. No worries we will be back to folding. I still have 2 i2p folding while my 4p AMD is BOINCING for the challenge.

sbinh, I'm switching my box to VGT after WCG challenge ends.

sbinh your help is greatley appricated not only this time but all the times you have showed up in the past, I have moved my rigs over to the WCG Christmas Challenge to help the Boinc team out, which like you many of their members have helped the F@H team out when we needed help. Your help on this mission is helping the [H] teams out in many ways not only is it helping us defeat default but it is also helping the DC boinc team do very well in the Christmas Challenge :)

Thank you very much sabin for the help here and in the past and I for one will not forget it.

Grandpa

Oh....

The weather outside is fright-full,
But folding's so delight-full.

2 more days and its first place we go
Ima fold Ima fold Ima fold!

:D

I see. Didn't know you guys are doing that. I'll continue till [H] defeat Default team.

For those who tend to fold for VGT later on, I personally thank you.
However, if you fold for VGT in return of my contribution, then please don't do so.
I fold for [H] simply because:
1- I want to :D
2- A way to thank Tear, Musky and all who work / help with the 4p build .

Back