Make Sure You're Not In Power Saving Mode

hajalie24

[H]ard|Gawd
Been receiving bad performance in games, figured it was just AMD's drivers or the game being not well supported, it wasn't until I tried GameBooster and received a significant increase in performance that I realized being in power saver mode was ruining my performance. This seems to only be a problem with crossfire, but I haven't done much testing. Figured I'd post this to let others know.

I feel like such an idiot. I played through The Witcher 2 a month ago wondering why the performance wasn't that great.

What the hell is GameBooster? Sounds like trashware / Spam to me.

No its legit it's a resource manager for gaming you can set it to minimize/kill conflicting programs so your game gets the PC's total attention. That kinda shit. Its for non-PC centric people who don't know how or want to manually manage their PC resources. I manually tailor everything on my PC down to the registry, but some people want to sit down and play without tweaking page files or task manager.

Not for me but no not spyware.

What sort of tweaking do you have to do in reality? It sounds to me like it tries to free up cpu time by taking up cpu time. Either way I can't think of a single game that will take full advantage of a quad core anyways. You myself and the op also have an excessive amount of memory so thats not lacking.

I was playing Serious Sam BFE last night and couldn't get my framerate above 40 no matter what I put my settings (except the absolute lowest ones).

This morning, I realized I had my processor clocked down to 1.6 GHz (normally 4.2) from when I was using it to run a server earlier.

Well at first I thought one of my background programs was screwing something up, so I used gamebooster to shut down all background programs and then I noticed a significant increase in performance, trying out everything one by one I realized the reason for this was the gamebooster power plan it enforced. Then I realized I was in power saving mode :eek:

Back