make filezilla default ftp:// protocol?

XP or Vista/Win7?

For Vista/Win7
Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Set your default programs -> find FTP under protocols -> Change program

I think the OP means he wants Firefox to do the connection, not just call up an external FTP application to make it work. I've never had issues with using an ftp://user:[email protected] style line myself. As for it opening properly from a hyperlink, that could cause it to be handled a bit differently, I can't say.

Least that's how I'm reading the OP...

no sorry I want Filezilla to open the connection. Filezilla does not show up in the program list under FTP. only chrome, firefox, and IE :\

2z8ut8g.jpg

well shit... I need this to work lol. I tried that link and could not figure it out..

what are some other good (don't have to be free) ftp clients that support simultaneous downloads??? I bought ftprush but hate using it since it will only allow one file transfer at a time. but it does have support for ftp://

Last edited:
Ok, did someone alter the thread title 'cause I am pretty damned sure that it originally said "firefox" and not "filezilla" hence me responding the way I did above. :)

Back