make copy of photos

jslater25

Limp Gawd
I presently have all my pictures on my MacBook Pro in various iPhoto (11) albums.
My wife has filed for divorce and would like to have copies of some of the pictures that we had together.
Since she doesn't have a Mac, would just making a copy of the library be sufficient or do I need to dig a bit further down and make copies of the individual pictures?

Pictures of said wife?

Idk what program you are using(i assume iPhoto), but you can't transfer an iPhoto library to Windows, you are best to copy the individual files.

You can just drag the ones she wants to the desktop and it'll put a .jpg there and then you can copy them to a flash drive or cd or whatever from there.

That's the easiest way I can think of.

Use finder to go to the specific iPhoto Folder and select the folders/picture she wants. copy and pate to flash drive or external harddrive and you should be ok.

sorry to hear about the divorce.....

Thanks for the feedback (and sympathy, turb0). Having done a bit more looking, the entire iPhoto Library is 75G in size, so she'd definitely need to request the specific pictures. That just means it will take longer to do, as we have a bunch of pictures (been a fun hobby for the past few years).

Select the photos and export as jpg. Or just upload them all to facebook and then she can deal with the shitty quality :D

Select the photos and export as jpg. Or just upload them all to facebook and then she can deal with the shitty quality :D

Id personally tell her to PUND sand, and to fuk off LOL divorce and wants photos of your cherished memories, WTF.

Tell her she can have them after she buys a external hard drive, till then sandbox has lots of room to fuck off in ! lol..

I'm not trying to create any unnecessary drama. Aside from the fact that she's seeking the divorce, we've managed to continue getting along (for the most part).
Since she's been willing to play nicely (not asking for stuff and money that should could if she wanted to), I'm willing to accommodate requests for pictures. No point in being a jerk just because I don't like the situation.
I'm thinking an external hard drive is a bit more than needed, although it would certainly make it easier to transfer. Just copy the entire library and call it good. That just means she'd have to wait until she had some Mac to sort out the pictures she wanted.
I'd rather not have to select individual pictures just due to the sheer quantity we have. I'd rather copy them all and let her decide at her convenience what she wants to keep and what she doesn't.

I'm not trying to create any unnecessary drama. Aside from the fact that she's seeking the divorce, we've managed to continue getting along (for the most part).
Since she's been willing to play nicely (not asking for stuff and money that should could if she wanted to), I'm willing to accommodate requests for pictures. No point in being a jerk just because I don't like the situation.
I'm thinking an external hard drive is a bit more than needed, although it would certainly make it easier to transfer. Just copy the entire library and call it good. That just means she'd have to wait until she had some Mac to sort out the pictures she wanted.
I'd rather not have to select individual pictures just due to the sheer quantity we have. I'd rather copy them all and let her decide at her convenience what she wants to keep and what she doesn't.

Ok i'll help :) Hey, does she have a mac ? If she does, just copy the Iphoto folder and give it to her, she can just drag and drop it onto her computer and poof :)

in finder, you can right click on the iPhoto library and select "show package contents"

It will then appear as a regular folder. Find the folder called "originals", and copy that over.

(this will give you all the standard .jpg files that can be read by any computer, she doesn't have to have a mac)

in finder, you can right click on the iPhoto library and select "show package contents"

It will then appear as a regular folder. Find the folder called "originals", and copy that over.

(this will give you all the standard .jpg files that can be read by any computer, she doesn't have to have a mac)

just learned something :)

That's perfect, so long as it moves ALL pictures. Thanks for the information. I've had the MacBook for a couple months now, but I'm definitely no power user.
My one tip (press command + delete to forward delete) only works periodically. I haven't figured out when it does work and when it won't.

To address the question of whether she has a Mac, she doesn't. Which is why I didn't simply copy the entire library.

Just a note, if you copy the "originals" folder, any editing or retouching you did in iPhoto won't be included.

Back