Make a hard drive use win98 bootdisk files

sliverjazz

Gawd
My floppy drive broke. So i am typing this from a winxp drive. I'm going to connect a second drive and if i put the dos 6.22 files on it, and then run the drive stand alone, can i then use it to initialize my win98 cd? The dos has to have the cd drivers though and the ones for extending the memory.

The win98se cd is bootable... If your copy is not, for whatever reason.. You can use nero or roxio or whatever burning software you use to make a bootable cd using a win98 boot floppy for the boot image.. look through the help sections of whatever burning software you use to find out how to do it.. hope it helps..

I have an original windows 98 cd. Not second edition. I have no blank cds around and this cd doesnt boot. So if i could just transfer some startup files to the blank hard drive so it will get dos to read my win98 cd. thanks.
Basically look at it this way. What should i put on a new empty hard drive that will boot me into dos so i then can run a windows installation cd. I know this is like pulling hairs but im just working with what i have until i go shopping.

Just wondering WHY are you installing 98?

Also have you check your bios to be sure the boot sequence is correct and it looks to the cd before the harddrive?

My windows xp cd got a crack in it. The windows 98 cd doesnt support booting from it.

Back