Major Nelson Unboxes The Xbox One

it comes with a headset? Microsoft said it wouldn't be bundled, que the xbox 180 rage lol.

I actually do like the look of the console, can't wait to get mine.

a square black box. Nice! Never seen that before! I hope someone got paid a lot of money for the stellar industrial design

Looks purty can't wait to get it :D Can't wait for Dead Rising and Titanfall.

Waffles at people who are pissed about how the box looks...it's a black box...who cares?

Tomorrow - Sony does an unboxing like you've never seen before. In 3D, 7.1 surround, in 4K resolution. The box is covered with fairy dust and the tears of baby unicorns. They always have to one up Microsoft. It's coming.

I don't mind the look. It should fit in with the rest of my audio/video equipment. It's not a piece of art, guys.

gah i cant type to day
meant to say that the cable on the Kinect is thick as hell
the online stuff didnt bug me but not a fan of needing the kinect plugged in all the time

here's the only unboxing you need:

397.jpg

amazing how they fit all that in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow - Sony does an unboxing like you've never seen before. In 3D, 7.1 surround, in 4K resolution. The box is covered with fairy dust and the tears of baby unicorns. They always have to one up Microsoft. It's coming.

I don't mind the look. It should fit in with the rest of my audio/video equipment. It's not a piece of art, guys.

I like square fits well with the rest, anyways i never bother to look much at it it's under my tv for a reason i'm busy looking at the TV. I'm not spending my days looking at my splitter and blu-ray player i can give a shit i just want them to work well. M$ should sell a beige edition

Is it me or is unboxing videos sort of like jingling keys in front of an infant?

No, unboxing videos are like dangling a candy bar in front of a infant and then telling that infant that they have to wait another 4 months before the infant can have it.

I will say that this is beautiful. I love boxy designs that fit in with everything else and this doesn't disappoint. I also love being reassured again that they have not messed with the greatest console controller design ever made(X360). I wish they would offer a wired version as I am not a fan of wireless controllers.

Don't care.
Until they lose the spy cam I will discourage anyone from being dumb enough to buy it. NO game is worth the price of admission on this thing. The sooner gamers realize this and stop being sheep, the sooner the industry changes.

Agreed. I'd rather see a video of him being fed through a wood chipper feet first.

Yeah, after he went all super-douche during the XBONE reveal interviews I have no desire to hear or see him ever again. Such unbridled arogance is disgusting.

Don't care.
Until they lose the spy cam I will discourage anyone from being dumb enough to buy it. NO game is worth the price of admission on this thing. The sooner gamers realize this and stop being sheep, the sooner the industry changes.

Agreed. No way am i putting a camera in my living room.

Don't care.

So I take it you tell everyone not to buy laptops then :rolleyes:

So I take it you tell everyone not to buy laptops then :rolleyes:

It is the Xbox derangement syndrome. You can't talk sense with many people, and many forget the fact that you can switch the Kinect off from within the internal OS. If that isn't enough, just do what I do and put a piece of tape over the camera on my laptop.

Glad I got one of the early launch ps4's on amazon. That thing is huge.. I know the ps4 isn't any better but tack on the kinect and that HUGE power brick and no thank you.

The only thing I'll give the xbox is that I prefer their controller. However I haven't touched a ps controller in awhile so maybe it will grow on me and if not I'll get a 3rd party controller that is similar.

Big ugly box with a spy camera. Including the headset is nice, but it's proprietary.

No "Microsoft" written on the front of the box. Still trying to avoid the stigma of the Microsoft brand.

Jeez - it's huge. For some reason I thought the kinect was built into the main box, screw having another stupid huge bar in front of my tv. Also, the power brick is quite large. Games up so much space... Ugh. Pass.

WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU OPEN THE BOX??? THE KINECT SENSOR...

What's the first thing that see's YOU when you open the box or walk around your living room...KINECT...

BEWARE!!!

nice unboxing major. still not buying that gigantic spyware box that's overpriced and underpowered.

Back