Major Nelson Suggests Reviving Futurama as Xbox Exclusive

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The popular cartoon series that just won’t die may be making another rise from the dead if Microsoft’s Major Nelson (Larry Hryb) has any pull inside of the hallowed halls of the Microsoft Campus. Major Nelson wants to bring back Futurama exclusively to the Xbox platform.

Microsoft has been trying to bolster its TV entertainment department for the upcoming launch of Xbox One, so adding a show with a cult following among young people to its line-up can only help its efforts.

I don't think Matt Groeing would be so short sighted to make Futurama an Xbox exclusive when a good majority of the fans would probably buy a PS4 instead.

Futurama, hell.......talk Vince Gilligan into making more Breaking Bad.:eek::eek::eek:

Futurama, hell.......talk Vince Gilligan into making more Breaking Bad.:eek::eek::eek:

Didn't Walt die? I'm still on season 1, but saw some .gif's of the finale.

How would that continue?

Larry Hryb is a stone idiot and the evidence mounts every day

That's a good way to avoid more gaffes: don't talk about the Xbone's functionality. :D

36049371.jpg

Major Nelson must be an idiot. Comedy Central canceled the show due to high costs and declining popularity. Yet somehow Microsoft is going to foot the bill of its production (coming off a multi-billion dollar loss on Surface) and limit its audience even further by making it an exclusive?
TV exclusives? Just what we needed :p
An amazing show going console exclusive? Fuck that.

3cd8a33a.png

Unless changes were made to the various media policies that I'm now aware of any videos or music bought through Xbox services can be viewed on any Microsoft device ie. Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8. So it wouldn't be so much exclusive to Xbox One as much as exclusive to Microsoft.

I love Futurama, but not enough to buy an Xbox One for it. Also, this is a game console right? WTF is Microsoft doing pumping so much money into TV shows when it should be about the games? Also, it'll be on YouTube for everyone to see anyway so yea.

There would need to be a lot more content. MSTV or something. Enough to warrant a Gold account just for the TV stuff.

Give a nice back catalog (Netflix style) with some exclusive content, and I'll go for it. Just the exclusive content? It better be damn good. And Futurama wouldn't be it.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/36049371.jpg

Major Nelson must be an idiot. Comedy Central canceled the show due to high costs and declining popularity. Yet somehow Microsoft is going to foot the bill of its production (coming off a multi-billion dollar loss on Surface) and limit its audience even further by making it an exclusive?

An amazing show going console exclusive? Fuck that.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

This. I mean seriously. It already got canceled twice.

Why not? Cable is dead. TV as we know it is dead. Content providers and distributors are the only things keeping the current system in place but the demand from consumers is now off the TV and on the Internet via streaming or full downloads of seasons on clients like iTunes.

In 20+ years we will not have the traditional TV system we've had for decades now. Shit if HBO went from Cable only to subscriber based on the Internet , most of the benefit of even having Cable would fly out the window and their would be a mass exodus.

I'm totally cool with MS bringing back Futurama. I would love to see it on my Xbox One. I think the moaning and groaning is coming from anyone who doesn't have any plans to purchase an Xbox One and to some degree its understandable.

Although I doubt Major Nelson has any clout with the puke in suits higher on up other than "Hey guy's! All the young kids love Futurama and we should bring that back and premiere it on our TV service! What do you guys think of that?" " Umm , how about we just create more Kinect garbage instead. We'll make a Kinect Futurama game that will get sub par video game reviews but sell millions because casual gamers will buy anything wrapped up in pop culture even if its a turd?!!! Yeah that sounds better , bye bye Nelson."

Now this is a good idea. Fans of futrama play lots of games. BUT
1 epsoide of the show cost about 1 million bucks last I heard....

I don't think Matt Groeing would be so short sighted to make Futurama an Xbox exclusive when a good majority of the fans would probably buy a PS4 instead.

A good majority of the fans probably couldn't give a toss about game consoles and would buy neither.

Why not? Cable is dead. TV as we know it is dead. Content providers and distributors are the only things keeping the current system in place but the demand from consumers is now off the TV and on the Internet via streaming or full downloads of seasons on clients like iTunes.

In 20+ years we will not have the traditional TV system we've had for decades now. Shit if HBO went from Cable only to subscriber based on the Internet , most of the benefit of even having Cable would fly out the window and their would be a mass exodus.

I'm totally cool with MS bringing back Futurama. I would love to see it on my Xbox One. I think the moaning and groaning is coming from anyone who doesn't have any plans to purchase an Xbox One and to some degree its understandable.

Although I doubt Major Nelson has any clout with the puke in suits higher on up other than "Hey guy's! All the young kids love Futurama and we should bring that back and premiere it on our TV service! What do you guys think of that?" " Umm , how about we just create more Kinect garbage instead. We'll make a Kinect Futurama game that will get sub par video game reviews but sell millions because casual gamers will buy anything wrapped up in pop culture even if its a turd?!!! Yeah that sounds better , bye bye Nelson."

This.

Watch what you want, when you want, where you want is what is going to drive the market.

Not sure if cable is dead, since the bandwidth they can deliver is intense. But selling channels is going away. Cable will sell bandwidth to those without fiber optic.

The popular cartoon series that just won’t die may be making another rise from the dead if Microsoft’s Major Nelson (Larry Hryb) has any pull inside of the hallowed halls of the Microsoft Campus. Major Nelson wants to bring back Futurama exclusively to the Xbox platform.

So.. XBOX One now is for showing tv shows? Thought the XBOX One was for gaming???

I the year Million and a half, xbox one was enslaved be giraffe...

Absolutely ridiculous idea.

Major Nelson has been ticking me off lately especially after seeing that AngryJoe review.
Dude is just a suit, parading in everyman's clothes. What a phoney.

Back