Major HardDrive/Windows XP issues!!!! Need help ASAP!!

Narius

Limp Gawd
Please help!!!! I installed another hard drive yesterday and today whenever i tried to start up my comp it keeps saying cant find NTLDR please restart... so i tried restarting, no dice... Then i try reparing using the windows xp install disk... nope didnt work either... so know i am trying to reinstall windows and have lost all the data on my comp..... and after its done formating and is copying files.. it keeps says at 35% that it cant find a certain file and asks me if i would either retry, quit installation or just skip that file and risk Windows not working properly... so no i am just skipping every file that it says it cant find or whatever......

i hate myself..... all my files... GONE

ok well the thing is whenever i try to reinstall windows on either hard drive it screws up at 35% when copying files.... ok well i guess i lossed all of my files, sigh... o well... i just wanna be able to atleast reinstall windows...

this freaking sucks.. i cant even install windows.... wtf am i supposed to do?

1) Relax.
2) You said you formatted the disk? Thats not good for file recovery.
3) Your windows CD is probably bad if it stops at the same spot and gives you errors like that.

ah so its the cd... hmm.. how could i install windows then? get a new cd? or mabey make a windows disk with a different comp?

Get a new CD. If you want your files back easily do NOT format the disk.

Back