MainGear Pre Config. Thoughts?

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, I really need a new PC and I honestly just dont feel like building one right now. I've had good luck with Maingear in the past and they
have a pretty nice Pre Configured rig.

Here are the specs....
AMD Ryzen 5900X with Epic 240 Supercooler
MSI B550 PRO-VDH WIFI
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
Boosted to 32GB DDR4 Memory
Boosted to 1TB Intel 665p M.2 NVME
2TB HDD
750 Watt PSU
Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM
RGB Lighting Kit

Thoughts?

$2700

I am not a fan of MSI are there other motherboard options? What is the brand and ram configuration how many sticks and speed of each? What is the brand and rating of the power supply? For $2700 they better be giving you an Corsair, Evga, Seasonic 80 Plus Gold or better unit.

If I ever go the prebuild route, Maingear would be one of the top choices. Unsure if it's because of their marketing but their simple design and to the point builds wins it for me. The gotcha is, they are one of the more expensive prebuild companies. If you have the $$ and don't mind the $400-$500 upcharge, then proceed.

My only issue is on a $2700 build, they could at least throw you a better motherboard. At that price point, a $200+ range X570 board at least.

Assuming this is the one you selected, right? https://maingear.com/product/vybe-stage-4-amd/
If the picture is what I am going by, the RGB light kit looks to be the rear RGB fan, the 2 AIO cooler fan and the front panel case.

If I ever go the prebuild route, Maingear would be one of the top choices. Unsure if it's because of their marketing but their simple design and to the point builds wins it for me. The gotcha is, they are one of the more expensive prebuild companies. If you have the $$ and don't mind the $400-$500 upcharge, then proceed.

My only issue is on a $2700 build, they could at least throw you a better motherboard. At that price point, a $200+ range X570 board at least.

Assuming this is the one you selected, right? https://maingear.com/product/vybe-stage-4-amd/
If the picture is what I am going by, the RGB light kit looks to be the rear RGB fan, the 2 AIO cooler fan and the front panel case.
That is the one I'm looking at.

Gigabyte X570 Gaming X​

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII​

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII​

Available boards, but not pre config...doesnt matter though...
which one?

Too many memory selections to post.

heres what i came up with

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
AMD RYZEN 9 5900X - 12-Core - 3.7 GHz (Boosts to 4.8 GHz)
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
32GB HyperX FURY RGB DDR4 3600MHz (2x16GB)
Cooling:
MAINGEAR EPIC - 240mm Liquid Cooling
EVGA 750W SuperNOVA B2
M.2 NVMe SSD | Slot 1:
1TB Intel 665p

$2600

Gigabyte X570 Gaming X​

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII​

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII​

Available boards, but not pre config...doesnt matter though...
which one?

Too many memory selections to post.
For the same price or you have to pay additional?

100 less for the system I put together above.
Value wise, the X570 GB is $170 and you're paying less, a better value. In terms of board quality, unsure which is better, the MSI or the GB. Maybe wait for others or check the AMD board forum or even reviews in general.

LTT has looked at system integrator/builders twice now in the past 2 years. Both times they found iBuyPower the best overall.

You can YouTube LTT Secret Shopper and Secret Shopper 2 to get more information.

Maingear was their 3rd place winner this past round, but said you'll pay a premium but have great customer service.

LTT has looked at system integrator/builders twice now in the past 2 years. Both times they found iBuyPower the best overall.

You can YouTube LTT Secret Shopper and Secret Shopper 2 to get more information.

Maingear was their 3rd place winner this past round, but said you'll pay a premium but have great customer service.

The unit I'm looking at ...VYBE..he reviewed and loved. I bought from them years ago and found them to be honest and reliable. They use to hang out on the forums here if I can remember correctly.

Sry. My bad. The unit I'm referring to is a separate video that has nothing to do with SS.

Last edited:
OK. I just watched the entire SSanta series for 2020. Maingear final 3rd place score was because of the price compared to the others. For me thats a mute point. It got a ...Great Customer Service and Great quality for final recommendation. I mean, that's what we want right?

OK. I just watched the entire SSanta series for 2020. Maingear final 3rd place score was because of the price compared to the others. For me thats a mute point. It got a ...Great Customer Service and Great quality for final recommendation. I mean, that's what we want right?
Of course, you do you. What is a good value/deal for someone else may not be to you. What's most important is everyone to educate themself so they can make their own decisions.

Maingear has really awesome customer service and their build quality is great. Would definately recommend

Back