MAGMA: 256GB Kingston SSD for $139 at NewEgg

If you need a large capicty drive for the cheapest possible price, then this does appear to be the drive for you..

That being said, I would honestly spend the extra $30-50 for a 256GB drive that uses the newest SF. or Indilinx Everest 2 controller..This J Micron controller isn't the best..JMHO

This is not magma. This is not a top end drive and we've seen a few top end 256gb drives for at and near this price over the last 30 days. I'm looking to upgrade my wife's 40gb Intel X25-V but I'm passing on this deal. It's not that good.

This is not magma. This is not a top end drive and we've seen a few top end 256gb drives for at and near this price over the last 30 days. I'm looking to upgrade my wife's 40gb Intel X25-V but I'm passing on this deal. It's not that good.

Agreed. For the same price AR, earlier this week I got an Intel drive that is almost twice as fast.

This is the price point I want to buy at, but I think I'll wait for a better drive.

Prices are certainly dropping nicely. I'm thinking around Black Friday there is going to be some very nice deals. I'll be waiting until then to convert the rest of my machines to SSD. Heck I may even put one in my PS3

Last year on Cyber Monday I got an SSD 320 80GB model for $70, or $0.87 per GB. I wonder what it'll be this time, maybe half of that? :cool:

you're better off waiting its a decent deal but a better one should be around the corner

you're better off waiting its a decent deal but a better one should be around the corner

Sigh. I bought a Crucial M4 a few weeks/months ago at the then-scorching price of $115 out the door. Now I've seen deals on them for $80.

I knew it would happen though, pretty obvious. And I really dont care too much about $35, whats going to be bothersome is when inevitably quality 256GB SSD's hit the not-much-over-a-hundred mark.

But again I knew it would happen, and in my setup of SSD OS drive/mechanical data drive, I dont think I even need more than 128GB that much, though it'd be nice.

For anyone still holding out on making the jump to SSD this is a plenty good deal to jump.

no its not as scorching fast as some other's but its fast enough to know the potential of SSD's & bide your time until you can get a 1tb drive for 150ish (which at this rate is like a year away)

Sigh. I bought a Crucial M4 a few weeks/months ago at the then-scorching price of $115 out the door. Now I've seen deals on them for $80.

I knew it would happen though, pretty obvious. And I really dont care too much about $35, whats going to be bothersome is when inevitably quality 256GB SSD's hit the not-much-over-a-hundred mark.

But again I knew it would happen, and in my setup of SSD OS drive/mechanical data drive, I dont think I even need more than 128GB that much, though it'd be nice.

Tell me about it. I bought a 256gb M4 in like February, the first time they went on sale for $280. That was when their normal price and similar drives were ~$360. At that time $280 was a blazing deal. It's a great drive so I have no regrets, but 2 months later it's dropped $100 on sale.

For anyone still holding out on making the jump to SSD this is a plenty good deal to jump.

no its not as scorching fast as some other's but its fast enough to know the potential of SSD's & bide your time until you can get a 1tb drive for 150ish (which at this rate is like a year away)

I'm still holding out. In the meantime I got one of the new Corsair caching drives. $100+ for an ssd ain't in the cards, and for my system/non-steam-apps I need a 256GB+

I'm still holding out. In the meantime I got one of the new Corsair caching drives. $100+ for an ssd ain't in the cards, and for my system/non-steam-apps I need a 256GB+

I can understand the need for the space.. I have a 500gb mechanical drive in my system still for my steam folder.. Everything else gets installed to my 256gb ssd.

Pff, I paid $300 for a 160GB drive a year and a half ago. I can't wait to be able to get a 512GB drive for that price.

Back