Magicka

Looks really similar to an arcade game I used to play. Not expecting a great storyline or anything, but it looks like simple fun. I hope it retails for around $20.

Edit, nm, it's only $10 so I'm going to pick it up.

I don't have a game like this. Sounds like It might be fun so I may buy it.

I bought it, looks like so much fun! I love the friendly fire aspect, I'll be able to troll my friends so hard.

I just played the demo. I love the spell system, there are a ton of combinations to try, although the combat does get quite rough at times. I'm definitely going to have to buy this one.

Can you post some details on the game in the forum thread here? Link is blocked at work :(

Looks like a lot of fun coop action to play with your buddies. I normally don't need coop, but this sounds like a lot of fun coop.

Can you post some details on the game in the forum thread here? Link is blocked at work :(

Looks like a top down spell casting game. In the article it says, "Things not included in this system are cooldowns, mana or mercy." You really should read the article when you get a chance. Sounds like there are 7 elementals to cast. And you can combine spells to make awesome effects, but the catch is that improper combinations will backfire. Newbies will be punished much. But it sounds hilarious when stuff like that happens. Especially for good laughs with coop buddies.

The game is pretty fun. Played the demo.

ok fixed the Vsync issue. I downloaded a program called RadeonPro. Seemed to fix it.

The game still seems to run a bit clunky even though I'm getting over 100fps. I'm guessing its an issue with the game itself.

Last edited:
Played the demo a little. The demo seems to have a sort of stutter walk feel to it. I'm definitely going to get my brothers on this for coop though.

Played the demo a little. The demo seems to have a sort of stutter walk feel to it. I'm definitely going to get my brothers on this for coop though.

Yeah I noticed that while playing too, I wonder if it needs v sync or something.

Had the same problem.

Pretty cool game. I'm pretty bad at moving around and trying to make spells at the same time lol. May pick it up with some friends.

Too many games in my backlog to buy anything new, however I will say that I WILL BUY this game one day. Likely a Steam sale to ease the pain.

While I do feel that the game stutters a bit in singleplayer I didn't notice it in the multiplayer. The game is a ton of fun -- really unique almost magic fighting gaming. The singleplayer isn't open world, but this isn't the rpg I expected it to be. Really enjoy it and highly suggest buying it.

It works awesome in triple headed landscape -- you can actually see past the edge of the levels on either side slightly and walk your guy off the center onto the left or right while fighting. The HUD isn't centered, it's about half way into each side, but that is actually pretty perfect as you don't ever look at it once you know the basic buttons.

Hahaha I found a Zelda sword. They even have the level made just like Zelda. Rabbit crossing the feild and sword sticking out of the stone. Anyone else found that sword?

I hope these patches fix all the bugs. Everytime I hit join on a multiplayer game it would freeze. Seems double clicking the actual game would work. I also experienced the stutter issue as well. I wish you could save at different points in a level on the singleplayer. Although, I only played the first level (almost 2 times because of this) so I dont know how long they are.

Does anyone know what element the grey icon is that pops up in a lot of the 5-element spells? I was thinking ice, but it's not a perfect match. I can't get meteor shower to cast.

whats the total time to complete the 13 levels? I realize its only 10 bucks, but still curious.
thinking replay value.

Does anyone know what element the grey icon is that pops up in a lot of the 5-element spells? I was thinking ice, but it's not a perfect match. I can't get meteor shower to cast.

I think u combine fire and water to make the grey icon

whats the total time to complete the 13 levels? I realize its only 10 bucks, but still curious.
thinking replay value.

I've spent about 6 hours on it so far and I'm only up to chapter 4 but then again there is also a steam achievement for completing adventure mode in under 4 hours. I'm also playing on the easiest difficulty setting and its still kicking my butt. Part of the fun is figuring out what spells work best in a given situation. For every spell there is also 3 different ways of utilizing it for slightly different results (right click, shift+right click, shift+left click). My favourites atm are S,D,E,R + shift left click (sends a row of boulders towards the enemy and also freezes) great defensive and offensive spell. S,D,E,F is similar but burns the enemy instead. A,S,E,R + shift left click creates a row of mines that freeze. ASEF row of mines that burns the enemy.

I've spent about 6 hours on it so far and I'm only up to chapter 4 but then again there is also a steam achievement for completing adventure mode in under 4 hours. I'm also playing on the easiest difficulty setting and its still kicking my butt. Part of the fun is figuring out what spells work best in a given situation. For every spell there is also 3 different ways of utilizing it for slightly different results (right click, shift+right click, shift+left click). My favourites atm are S,D,E,R + shift left click (sends a row of boulders towards the enemy and also freezes) great defensive and offensive spell. S,D,E,F is similar but burns the enemy instead. A,S,E,R + shift left click creates a row of mines that freeze. ASEF row of mines that burns the enemy.

cool thx for info

yeah i love all the combos.. i accidentally created healing mines.

also, the humor is a nice change. the game doesnt take itself too seriously. sword in the stone is classic.

I cant deal with it right now... takes a while to get into a full game, and if you are lucky enough it will just crash on you mid game like it just did for me. I think I will come back when they fix all the issues.

To those on the edge I would suggest waiting.

Played the demo for a whole 5 minutes before I...

Bought it.

:p

This is the kind of game I'm looking for.

Picked it up on my lunch. I can't wait to play it! I played the demo through twice.

The game is pretty fun. Played the demo.

ok fixed the Vsync issue. I downloaded a program called RadeonPro. Seemed to fix it.

The game still seems to run a bit clunky even though I'm getting over 100fps. I'm guessing its an issue with the game itself.

I can't stand the input delay / stutteriness. I can't seem to get vsync to turn off even if I use RadeonPro. Grrr.... :mad:

I'll check it out once a Steam sale hits. I have too big of a backlog already to think about getting this now though.

Too bad the game is still broken.

No kidding... I'm so frustrated with it right now I've decided to shelf it until they release a working patch.

At this point I legitimately feel scammed (facebook and twitter buttons on the menu? seriously?) unless they fix this shit.

Really... after two days? Give them at least a week to get the game patched. This is their first release, so they are going to have to learn a bit. Valve took 3 months to get a patch out that fixed an issue that prevented me from loading L4D (happened after they patched, fixed in the next patch). Bioware is FAMOUS for patching late, or never (there are still broken quests in almost all their games). These are triple A studios that have an actual budget to get patches out, and have experienced game devs.

If the game is in the same state in a week or two... then complain.

Back