Magic the Gathing Legends: SHUTDOWN

Krenum

Fully [H]
Magic the Gathering themed built on an action RPG Diablo style game?
SHUTDOWN
I'M IN!....Maybe.

That being said, expect HEAVY monitization. Its Wiziards of the Coast / Hasbro after all.

Last edited:
It's made by Cryptic Studios, who made Neverwinter. Regardless of the MTG IP it is bound to be full of MTX. Looks good, though. We'll see how this turns out. Open beta starts March 23.

I stopped playing magic back in 2000 with all the nerfs they kept doing to cards from the old days. Glad I stopped when I did, now they have people pay for digital cards.....that are worth zero and cant be sold...
Its pretty crazy how ravenous the fans are these days. Back in the day....like 1994-95 we just played for fun. We had no idea that these little pieces of cardboard would be worth anything. Hell, I remember putting them in the spokes of my bike as a kid or washing them in the laundry. I guess that's half the reason why they're worth so much now days, the majority of them were destroyed by kids.

Anyways, I always got a kick out of going to local card stores and playing in their little tournaments. To see the shock on everyone's faces when I shuffled my deck WITHOUT sleeves made worth the buy in.

With the way things are right now. I'm not sure I'll ever be doing that again.

I stopped playing magic back in 2000 with all the nerfs they kept doing to cards from the old days. Glad I stopped when I did, now they have people pay for digital cards.....that are worth zero and cant be sold...

If you're referring to Arena you don't actually have to pay for cards. It's surprisingly fairly generous with how they hand out cards, packs, full decks, and cosmetics; even for players that want to play totally free. Couple that with being able to 'craft' any card you want with wildcards, not needing to swap cards between decks, and always being able to find a game and it's pretty great if you enjoy MTG.

This, if you play enough you can actually enter tournaments and win the in game gem currency for free.
So if you're a good enough player/deck builder you can get their season passes and such without paying anything other than your time.

I certainly won't be buying anything from or related to Wizards of the Coast now and forever more. Mr. Potato Head is where I draw the line.

I won't give them any more money but I started playing at my local card shop when I was eleven. In beta. I've sold over ten thousand dollars worth of my old paper cards, have about ten thousand dollars more that I just keep in boxes and plan to give to my kids, and back in my teenage years I made thousands playing tournaments before they were called pro.

Had a great time and it gave me something to focus on while in foster homes.

As far as arena goes I can't stand the monetization and I don't like playing it. I deleted it when I started to feel like I was being manipulated into spending money. I'll check out this new game one of these days after it's released.

I won't give them any more money but I started playing at my local card shop when I was eleven. In beta. I've sold over ten thousand dollars worth of my old paper cards, have about ten thousand dollars more that I just keep in boxes and plan to give to my kids,
Yeah, started playing in 95 myself, probably around beta or revised. You should just sell the cards, and put the money towards your kids future rather than give them to your kids. They're just gonna tear em up, like kids do, like we did.

I started playing with the first retail release. I still have both the original starter decks. I enjoyed playing it, but it didn't really click for me like Yu-Gi-Oh! did. I stopped playing MTG after Series 2.

I started playing with the first retail release. I still have both the original starter decks. I enjoyed playing it, but it didn't really click for me like Yu-Gi-Oh! did. I stopped playing MTG after Series 2.
There's a new card game called "Flesh & Blood". Check it out if you're still into playing them.

I have never played magic before. I may look into this more and may give it the ol' college go.

Guess they couldnt get people to spend spend spend on the game. Plus with EGS paying for exclusivity, they still couldnt get enough money to profit....guess its good this one is dead.

Back