Magic Leap Unveils New Mixed-Reality Glasses

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Traditional VR glasses close you off from the world and display a new world on screens in front of your eyes. New glasses from Magic Leap want to change that paradigm and allow you to have the real world as well as some VR elements thrown in at the same time. The glasses themselves are definitely smaller than traditional VR setups and actually look semi-decent. However, until they get the size down some more this isn't something I'd wear out and about, but it would be cool in the home office. Thanks, cageymaru.

The revelation, the first real look at what the secretive, multi-billion dollar company has been working on all these years is the first step toward the 2018 release of the company’s first consumer product. It also adds some insight into why major companies like Google and Tencent have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into Magic Leap, and why some researchers believe the creation could be as significant as the birth of the Internet.

Cyclops (Scott Summers) approves the design of these glasses.
ml13-7bc67899-de14-4e10-b0bf-f58d00c15975.jpg

so how mant "realities" do we have now, VR, AR, now MR

how about NR.. Naked Reality ?

You have to give them credit. I mean, they captured billions of dollars of investment capital to build this ugly thing no one would ever wear in public. Impressive. Truly.

Wonder what they would charge to solicit some investment capital? They seem to be very good at it.

Fuck it, just paint some googly eyes on the lenses. At least then people will know they're not supposed to take you seriously.

With AI and deep learning machines eventually taking over any repetitive task...the only real task left to humans will be "creativity" and thus any tool which enhances that is of more importance than can be simply measured by counting.

You have to give them credit. I mean, they captured billions of dollars of investment capital to build this ugly thing no one would ever wear in public. Impressive. Truly.

Wonder what they would charge to solicit some investment capital? They seem to be very good at it.
Not in public but there’s probably a ton of Second Life players that will eat this up.

Maybe he works in conjunction with the company doing the space game thing that has drug out for so long.

All those guys are good at finding ways to suck a dollar into that vacuum. :)

so how mant "realities" do we have now, VR, AR, now MR

how about NR.. Naked Reality ?

So in other words, glasses that let you see people naked? Yeah, I already got scammed into thinking I could do that with those x-ray glasses I bought in my single-digit years. X-ray vision my ass! I'm still upset about it, and Sea-Monkeys too! *grumble, grumble* ...

An official portrait of how to not get laid:

magic-leap-one_2-8b8ef0e0-7cd5-4e14-a7f0-361a7e1815d4.png

“What’s this thing on my head? I can’t beleive you even noticed. I’m just going through your credit report right now go see if we’re compatible”.

An official portrait of how to not get laid:

“What’s this thing on my head? I can’t beleive you even noticed. I’m just going through your credit report right now go see if we’re compatible”.

Maybe this is demolition man style foreplay.

Yeah, really want a demo. I've reached out to some people that are there from my old company because it sounds like it will solve a lot of problems with my business. Hololens is 'ok' but it doesn't look as good as it could.

Back