Magic Leap One is Widely Available Now

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by AlphaAtlas, Oct 10, 2018.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas Gawd Staff Member

While the Magic Leap One has technically been out since August, it was only available in select cities, and involved a representative coming to help set up the device. But now the Magic Leap One Creator Edition is widely available across the US. The company is also offering a 0% APR financing plan to help developers swallow the $2300 base price.

This means more creators, more developers, more UFO's, more unicorns, more shiny glowing floaty things. So order your Magic Leap One Creator Edition today and join us on our journey to create a weirder and more wonderful future.

2. Viper16

Viper16 [H]ard|Gawd

Why does the name sound like a child's learning toy, I had to do a second take on the name as I thought it was one of those leap tablets. Will be interesting to see how other peoples views on this device.

Jaybone909, Doc Doc and Wrecked Em like this.
  3. katanaD

katanaD [H]ard|Gawd

WOW.. $2300 base price.

i cant see this having a wide appeal.

steakman1971 and jnemesh like this.
  4. Stoly

Stoly [H]ardness Supreme

Sure it will, everyone wants to see a whale on a basketball court :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Wrecked Em

Wrecked Em [H]ere for the GangBang

I thought the same thing. I'm pretty sure my kid had some electronic device called magic leap when she was a baby.

Viper16 and jnemesh like this.
  6. lironmiron

lironmiron Limp Gawd

The one I always confuse it with is Leapmotion.

So going by the price, this has to be more than 5 times better than Windows Mixed Reality and twice as good as using AR in the Vive pro.

7. fadedlogic

fadedlogic Limp Gawd

Crap reviews and brutal pricing; can't believe they have some still available.

jnemesh likes this.
  8. Carbon_Rod

Carbon_Rod Gawd

So, for $2300 you also get the blow job attachment, yes?

9. gunbust3r

gunbust3r Gawd

I would love some insight on their hardware design journey and why instead of looking awesome in the style of ghost in the shell or appleseed their HMD makes you look like a lumpy reject from adventure time...

jnemesh likes this.
  10. kromc5

kromc5 n00bie

Wonder if they went to the same business college as theranos and scam citizen?

11. Joust

Joust Gawd

Pretty sure I bought something(s) that sounds just like that for my kid. Really poor naming decision.

12. Seventyfive

Seventyfive [H]ard|Gawd

I'm not seeing where I put my penis which is confusing because for $2300 this thing better suck my dick

Wrecked Em and defaultluser like this.
  13. jnemesh

jnemesh Gawd

I would like some insight on what the executives at this company are smoking...

14. steakman1971

steakman1971 2[H]4U

This will be a flop - way too expensive and no software. Next.
    Based on the videos I've watched (realizing its not the same as trying one), it's not impressive. Maybe $299 would have been a more reasonable price point? Even so, I think that is kind of high.