MADLAN, 300 Gamers, Lansing, MI, 11/17/07 - 11/18/07 (Nov)

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***

300 Gamers!!!!

When: November 17th and 18th

Time: Saturday 10am to Sunday 4pm (that is right 30 hours of kick-ass LAN action)!!!

Where:
Royal Scot North Room (above the Restaurant and Pro Shop)
4722 West Grand River Ave
Lansing MI 48906

Cost: Prepay- $20 or at the door $30 (this includes entrance to ALL tournaments)

Console Tournaments Only: If you wish to only play in the console tournaments and not take part in the rest of the event, admission will be $10 per tournament; to be paid upon admission to the event.

What to expect?
Awesome Prizes
Kickass Tournaments
And a lot of gaming!

Tournaments to be played:
Counter-Strike: Source 3v3 Pistols Only
Battlefield 2 5v5
A GIANT TrackMania Tournament, so brush up your skillz! (www.trackmania.com to get the game, it is free!)

Console Tournaments:- If you wish to only play in the console tournaments and not take part in the rest of the event, admission will be $10 per tournament; to be paid upon admission to the event.
Halo 3 2v2
Mario Kart Double Dash 1v1v1v1

More info to come!!!

You know I'm in.

The only way I don't show up is if work says no to my vacation days. Odds on that are slim though.

I'll be there hopefully with a new file server and stuff. :) So much fun will be had.

Glad you guys can make it. It's definitely going to be a ton of fun.

Everyone in the Michigan area needs to attend, it's gonna be a blast. Ockie, please tell me you're bringing Galaxy!

@ Cerilia: ;) :D

Just a heads up guys, a tenative prize has been posted for the Special Event Activity tournament:

Intel QuadCore Q6600 Retail Boxed!!!

Also, the Case-Modding rules and format has been announced, so be sure to check that out.

I am going to try and attend. I looked at the FAQ and I don't see a size limit on the monitor. What width do we have on the tables?

That's something I bugged ockie about once already. I'm itchin' to bring my 37" along :D

I am going to try and attend. I looked at the FAQ and I don't see a size limit on the monitor. What width do we have on the tables?

FWIW, I have no problems with my 3007wfp on this setup. If you are brining anything bigger, please just let us know and we can try to accomodate that.

Last one of these I went to was a good time, I have a feeling this time will be even better. ;)

MADLan 2007 is still a few months away but we are already over half capacity with several of the pre-pay’s rolling in! I would just like to remind everyone that your seat is not secure until you pre-pay. So if we end up with a waiting list and someone on that list pre-pays before you…you do run the risk of getting bumped down! Not to mention that you save $10 by pre-paying, so it’s a good idea anyway!

We have some new developments that everyone should be aware of:

Meal tickets are being sold. One meal ticket will be $7 and can be bought in advance through paypal. The paypal button can be found on our website at www.madlan.net The meal ticket will cover two meals (one per day)

Meal 1: Up to 3 hot dogs, some side items (like chips/cookies/whatever we get), and up to 2 can/bottle drinks.
Meal 2: Up to 3 slices of pizza and up to 2 can/bottle drinks

You can pre-pay for your meal tickets at www.madlan.net on the front page. There is a designated paypal button under the registration numbers!

The Royal Scot also has food and there are restaurants and fast food places around to accommodate your other meals. Royal Scot food prices and menu can be found in the forums in the Event Related section.

We will order food based on the number of pre-pays for meal tickets. We will over order to accommodate a small number of people wishing to buy meal tickets at the event. Once we sell out of the extra tickets at the event…no more meal tickets can be purchased. If there is extra food, the people who have purchased meal tickets will be invited to come up and get seconds.

Tournament updates:
Originally posted was that the Counter Strike Source was going to be a 3v3 Pistols only and that we were going to have a Battlefield 2 tournament.

THESE HAVE BOTH BEEN CHANGED.
Due to popular demand and sponsor choices the tournament list is as follows:

Tournaments to be played:
Counter-Strike: 5v5
Battlefield 2142 6v6 Fast Assault sponsored by RealWorldBenchmarks and Coolermaster!
A GIANT TrackMania Tournament, so brush up your skillz! (www.trackmania.com to get the game, it is free!)

Console Tournaments: If you wish to only play in the console tournaments and not take part in the rest of the event, admission will be $10 per tournament; to be paid upon admission to the event.
Halo 3 2v2
Mario Kart Double Dash 1v1v1v1

More info can be found in the forums on all of these tournaments.

Several sponsors have jumped on board including:
SteelSeries
Computer Power Users
CoolerMaster and RealWorldBenchmarks
Ideazon
Cenatek
Tagan
And Mushkin

More and more sponsors are signing up every day!

We have added some tournament details in the forums so be sure to check those out. We also created a section for people who are looking for or can give rides, so feel free to take advantage of that.

If anyone would like to help with set-up or tear down: We will be setting up the event Thursday November 15th and Friday November 16th. The most help will be needed on the 15th though. Tear down will occur immediately after event end. All of those people that help with set up will be rewarded as follows: One prize will be set aside and that prize will be raffled off to those people that participated in setup on Thursday or Friday. If you participate in setup both day you will be allowed 2 entries into the raffle. You must attend setup for at least 2 hours to be awarded your raffle entry. Your odds vary by the amount of people that show up for setup. This same type of procedure will apply for clean up after the event. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer ahead of time for setup/cleanup please e-mail me at [email protected]

Please direct any questions to [email protected]

Thank you all for your time and we'll see you at MADLan 2007!

First A Reminder: ALL PAYPAL PRE-PAYS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER OCTOBER 26TH.

So if you are not going to be at the event and you pre-payed for it, please contact [email protected] and let her know!

Alright! As we're getting closer to the LAN more and more sponsors are jumping on board! So far this is what you can expect to see so far at MADLan! Now we haven't decided on tournament prizes or anything yet. Once we have all the swag from our awesome sponsors, only then will we be able to post the final prizes.

This is a rolling list, so as we receive more swag, we'll update it. Anyways, now for the good stuff here are some of the Sponsor swag we have received so far:

SteelSeries QcK heavy's
Merc Gaming Keyboards
550watt SLI Antec Power supplies
Antec P180 case
Cathode Kits
UV Fans
Cooled Hard drive enclosures
Tagan Monolith II Cases
A ton of different types of IceyBox Hard Drive enclosures

Upon Admittance Everyone Will recieve a MADSack! Filled with Sponsor Swag!

More swag coming as MADLan Aproaches!

Some of you may have been wondering about what the schedule looks like. It looks like this will be the final schedule we will attempt to stick to.

Saturday!
9:30am - Doors Open
10:00am - MADLan 2007 Begins!
11:00
12:00pm - Battlefield 2142 Tournament Starts
1:00
2:00
3:00
4:00
5:00pm- Halo 3 Tournament Starts
6:00
7:00pm - Dinner served
8:00pm - Dinner cleaned up
9:00
10:00
11:00

Sunday!
12:00am - Mystery Game Starts
1:00am
2:00am
3:00am
4:00am
5:00am
6:00am - Trackmania Tournament Starts
7:00am
8:00am
9:00am - Counter Strike Tournament Starts
10:00
11:00am - Mario Kart Tournament Starts
12:00pm - Lunch Served
1:00pm - Lunch Cleaned up
2:00
3:00
4:00pm - MADLan 2007 Ends

If anyone would like to help with set-up or tear down: We will be setting up the event Thursday November 15th and Friday November 16th. The most help will be needed on the 15th though. Tear down will occur immediately after event end.

All of those people that help with set up will be rewarded as follows: One prize will be set aside and that prize will be raffled off to those people that participated in setup on Thursday or Friday. If you participate in setup both day you will be allowed 2 entries into the raffle. You must attend setup for at least 2 hours to be awarded your raffle entry. Your odds vary by the amount of people that show up for setup. This same type of procedure will apply for clean up after the event. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer ahead of time for setup/cleanup please e-mail me at [email protected]

Back