made By Seasonic 750W Single Rail 12V@60A $61 shipped

tomana

<----- Likes the Cock
... talk about a solid, powerful, pretty quiet single rail PS fabricated by Seasonic

Recertified Red OCZ/PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad 750W Power Supply
model S75CF-B, 80 PLUS certified, tons of sleeved cables that are super long to fit
even the largest cases, single rail +12V@60A. If you don't like the red painted case
buy a can of black spray paint and have at it { 8 ^ D

$61.71 (shipped UPS Ground) @ Directron

http://www.directron.com/s75cfb.html

Last edited:
link is bad and I am not sure if its made by seasonic, but I could be wrong. Do you have info stating that it is made by seasonic?

One year warranty for this unit. The Silencer has a seven year warranty.
And you can get the 760W version from MC for quite a saving ($90-20 rebate = $70) + $6 shipping
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0358411

looks to be a good deal for those who don't mind a rebate but since the 750W is a tried and true reliable workhorse made by seasonic I'll take the 1 year warranty and use the $40 I saved towards an ASRock 970 Extreme4 SLI board { 8^ D

Last edited:
Johnny Guru did a review of the PC Power & cooling 750w Silencer a time ago. He rated it as being pretty good. Kind of surprising given that it only has one 80mm fan but gotta love one 60A rail. And the leads (it's not modular) are plentiful and seem long enough although JG's review did mention they were a bit short on the 6+2 line.

Oh yes, JG also said the leads, everything was identical between the black, red and orange cases.(he called it "copper") PC Power & Cooling said one was for SLI, (black case, I think) and the red case was for "crossfire" marketings idea, no doubt since the actual PSU is identical in all 3.

Take note of the following:

1. This unit is at least 5 years old in terms of technology - although the Silencer is still a solid unit you can do much better in terms of effeciency and regulation.

2. Do NOT buy this unit and expect it to live up to it's 'Silencer' moniker. 5 years later and I still don't know what the original PC Power & Cooling was thinking when they gave it this name. This thing when under moderate load is LOUD thanks to it's single 80mm high speed fan.

With the above being said at $60 this is a pretty decent deal for a 700 watt PSU that will probably outlast the rig you put it into. This PSU line originated before the disastrous acquisition by OCZ and is one of the last 'good' PSUs that PC Power & Cooling had on the market.

2. Do NOT buy this unit and expect it to live up to it's 'Silencer' moniker. 5 years later and I still don't know what the original PC Power & Cooling was thinking when they gave it this name. This thing when under moderate load is LOUD thanks to it's single 80mm high speed fan.
That's because when the moniker was coined for this line of product, their "other" line of product sounded like #%@@ jet taking off. Comparatively speaking, this one is definitely quieter by a very wide margin.

about to mod mine with a push pull config with quieter fans but the PS is solid under gtx 285 sli

I love mine, still running it in my current system and its been a reliable PSU. I wouldn't buy one now though for 60 bucks. There are too many good sales for quality 750 watt PSU's for close to this price with much better warranty and much better support. If this thing dies (in that first year) you might be getting something else back instead and like stated before, there are many newer PSU's that bring better efficiency and regulation while running quieter. It was a great PSU in its day, but that day is past.

looks to be a good deal for those who don't mind a rebate but since the 750W is a tried and true reliable workhorse made by seasonic I'll take the 1 year warranty and use the $40 I saved towards an ASRock 970 Extreme4 SLI board { 8^ D
The 760W Silencer is also made by Seasonic and is much better than the old 750W model.

about to mod mine with a push pull config with quieter fans but the PS is solid under gtx 285 sli

Any chance you could take a few pics of this mod when you do it? and perhaps point out any tips and got'cha's you run into? I would like to do the same to mine,

When I said Johnny Guru had reviewed it I totally forgot how the fan ramps up to a roar under full load...

but I have some hearing loss which mutes things a bit.

Back