Made a mistake and need some help to fix it

Super Mario

Limp Gawd
I wanted to try and boot into Windows XP recovery console command prompt to try and delete a couple of folders I had no need for that absolutely refused to be deleted within Windows XP even when booting in safe mode it kept saying that the disk is write protected. I even ensured assigned full control of the system to these folders. These folders were created on my D: drive after I installed some Windows updates??? I read that they were just temporarily there when installing Windows updates, but why do they refuse to let themselves be deleted after the updates are installed???

Well anyway, that;s not what I'm worried about right now. When I tried booting into Recovery console via the Windows XP installation CD, I accidently selected the option to do an automated rapir of my current Windows XP installation. SO it started copying files to the hard drive for setup, and it was too late to go back, so I thought I'd just let it install again, because I knew that it will keep alll your saved configuration and files when doing an automated repair as long as you don't format. But I have a problem now. It won't successfully get through the reinstallation!!! It gets to the GUI part of the setup, and it progresses part way through the install, but it eventually just stops and sits there without the hard drive running or the CD-ROM drive even running. There isn't even any error messages. I can still move the mouse around and the little green squares at the bottom right of the installation screen are still active. But the installation is stcuk in the middle of when it said installing devices by the progress bar??????? Is there any way I can boot up normally to my Windows XP install that was working fine, but wants to reinstall because I accidently selected the AUtomated reapir option from the installlation CD on bootup? Or what can I do to get out of this odd problem because of a stupid bone head mistake I made that shouldn't have even lead to this problem to begin with and only have wasted my time by having to go through the installation process again????

Help greatly appreciated.

Back