Madden NFL 2004 too hard or too easy

NIGHTMARE2

Gawd
seriously young maddenites.

try playing ESPN NFL. They actually work to improve the game each year unlike Madden.

As long as the topic is ranting and Madden:

Why anyone would buy a product based on his association with it is beyond me. Listening to a broadcast he's participating in is annoying, at best... it's like listening to a trainwreck. He's a fat idiot with an irritating voice and he should keep his trap shut, lest he let all the stupid out and his head caves in.

On rookie i always win with eaither a shutout or they have a touchdown or fieldgoal. On Pro I did bad at first. Now I am 5-0 in my first season. all I got to say is Defense wins the games.

Try adjusting your sliders. There are sliders for everything, also why dont you play on easo for the pc. Play some humans and learn a little. Also go here www.maddenmania.com

A little of topic, but in madden 96' for the sega genesis... even on the hardest difficulty, from anywhere on the field no matter what the down, quarter or time was... Even if you were on your own 1 yard line, you could fake field goal successfully.

I hate Madden.

Offense: After playing a couple weeks I realized there are a few pass plays that no matter what difficulty level, and no matter how many times you call them, and no matter how sucky your QB is, almost always work. He may drop the ball once or twice, but you have 4 chances. Occassionally you will turnover on downs (I never punt), but the score will be lopsided anyway. Once you get a high score, the defense will tighten up, your offensive line will stop blocking, and your receivers will start dropping balls like crazy. Just run the ball and take your time to run out the clock.

Defense: take a nap.

Edit: The point being, save yourself the frustration and boredom and don't bother.

Why dont you try playing on all pro. That is the standard setting where the players play at their ratings. Also play humans online then you cant cry about how easy it is. All football games are easy if you dont play on the right difficulty.

Ok, I'm four games into my regular season at Pro level with adjusted sliders. I can see how it might take getting used to the next level, but I find myself running the more reliable plays I know I can get yards out of and using less plays that I haven't tried before for fear of throwing the INT. Clinton Portis on a screen has saved my butt many a time on 3rd down so far. Anyway, I have to agree about defense winning the games. If I can force the cpu to punt, after I've scored a couple times, the defense sometimes takes over. Had a game where I ran back 3 INTs for TDs, forcing the cpu to throw even more in the 2nd half. As to why I play Gamecube's version - well, I'm waiting for my Vid Card to come back from warranty repair. Haven't given ESPN's a thought, as I like the concept of Owner Mode and drafting players in the Franchise play.

I've noticed big diff between rookie and "non"rookie settings ..but as stated , with pratice comes perfection

Originally posted by epidemic
Why dont you try playing on all pro. That is the standard setting where the players play at their ratings. Also play humans online then you cant cry about how easy it is. All football games are easy if you dont play on the right difficulty.

Reading is fundamental:

no matter what difficulty level

The game sucks.

Back