Madden Lovers.....Let's get EA's attention!

PC Surgeon

Limp Gawd
I am a die hard Madden lover. I've played/bought every Madden game to date. What I have a problem with is EA giving us last gen models and graphics for this years price. Madden on the consoles surpasses that of the PC now. Why is it that PC's (which push the edge of technology) get horrid looking graphics while the console players get the good stuff? Buying this game was a given until I found out they were "shorting" us PC gamers. I mean in all actuality they just took last years game, added a few names/switch a few names/ add a couple of no no good features and call it a new game. Well not in my book! EA will not get my hard earned money for such little work/support for the PC gaming industry!

I'm writing EA an e-mail disclosing my angst and fury. If you feel the same way I do then please by all means join me in the fight to get what we deserve as PC gamers! You are free to copy paste this e-mail if you would like to make it easier.

Dear EA Sports,

The Madden franchise is one of the finest in the gaming industry. However it has come to my attention that Madden 2008 for the PC will use 2007's models and graphics with minor game changes and features. This is unacceptable to me as a consumer and lover of the Madden franchise. Consoles (I.E. XBOX360, PlayStation 3) have updated models and graphics that PC gamers will not be able to enjoy. PC's push the technology edge and have superior hardware. To me, this just shows laziness from your staff in thinking that we PC gamers should have to shell out full price for what is essentially last years game!

Let me make this clear to you EA, I will not buy your products this year because of it. get your act together or lose my business for good.

Thank you for your time,

Disgruntled PC gamer

Online petition:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Madden2008PC/

I don't really think EA cares about madden on the PC. Me personally... madden and a few other select games is why I still own consoles. Some games (If not most) just don't transfer over to PC world that good.

EAs out look on Madden:
Every year scores of young men go out and purchase a game that is 90% the same as the year before it $$$$

EAs out look on Madden:
Every year scores of young men go out and purchase a game that is 90% the same as the year before it $$$$

+11ty billion

Dear Madden fans,

Thanks for buying the same game year after year after year after year.
We appreciate all the cashola you give us.

Sincerely, EA

PS - SUCKERS HAHAHAHAHAH1!!!!1

Yeah I have quit playing football even though it's one of my favorites b/c of EA.

I think its mostly because madden isn't targeted at your hardcore gamer crowd, so not that many of madden buyers are going to have systems capable of doing what the PS3/360 version put out.

I'd assume it's a simple business decision on EA's part to not update the new Madden. Most likely it isn't selling well for the PC.

Same thing with NBA Live, even though the last couple of versions, even on consoles were horrid. They concider PC being "current gen" and consoles being the "next gen". Go to www.nba-live.com and read some of the forum topics, poor folks think that their 8800gtx barely compares to original Xbox. Reason being is the fact taht they are all little kids and do not know any better.

There was an article about this in GFW magazine a month or two ago. Basically, EA said that they will begin porting over the next-gen madden's when they feel the tech of the average pc will run it. They also said that only a few people work on the pc versions (I believe only like 1 or 2 people).

There was an article about this in GFW magazine a month or two ago. Basically, EA said that they will begin porting over the next-gen madden's when they feel the tech of the average pc will run it. They also said that only a few people work on the pc versions (I believe only like 1 or 2 people).

ouch, that makes .35 people for nba live then :p .
Average tech, who gives a damn, make a game with mroe options then.

Its typical EA

Look at how the fuxored the NHL games.....the last one...straight console port.
press the B key to fight.....wait, that only works on the 360...wait, you cant change controls....so no line control, no fighting....in a game with 10 bloody controls, they can only be bothered to port over 1/2 of them. When asking customer support, A week after the game hit shelves, if they would patch the controls....they said they no longer support this game.....WTF, a week after release.

I dont go near any EA games. Sorry.

ea.jpg

I would buy the 2k series (NBA) in a heartbeat if its released on PC.

Its typical EA

Look at how the fuxored the NHL games.....the last one...straight console port.
press the B key to fight.....wait, that only works on the 360...wait, you cant change controls....so no line control, no fighting....in a game with 10 bloody controls, they can only be bothered to port over 1/2 of them. When asking customer support, A week after the game hit shelves, if they would patch the controls....they said they no longer support this game.....WTF, a week after release.

I dont go near any EA games. Sorry.

lol dude, for NBA Live 07....
CPu would not sub any players, ever if you enable the Sub Frequency, was a problem on every damn console. When an entuire forum wrote a letter to EA all they said was, whoops, we had no idea. 2 months later they released a half assed patch.

This was the main reason I got a xbox 360. I love football games too much. I'm just pissed I still have to put up with Madden for another couple of years before 2K can get back in the game properly.

This was the main reason I got a xbox 360. I love football games too much. I'm just pissed I still have to put up with Madden for another couple of years before 2K can get back in the game properly.

The game is BACK for the football freaks!

2k fan for life

EAs out look on Madden:

But this year it's going to be 99% the same. So from EA's perspective it's 9% bettter.

dude how many people buy or seriously give a damn about madden for the pc. i know i dont, sorry op but i think your more of an exception than an average user

but i have to agree EA is putting out some shitty ass games, i have boycotted them since 1-2 years ago

last ea game i bought was bf2

Have any of you played the NCAA Football 08 demo for 360? Oh my god the game looks SO DAMN horrible and the animations are so eff'd. GG EA but I'm still counting on you to make a good FIFA 08.

And actualy, wanted to point out that EA hasn't updated the Madden PC 3D engine since 2005, I believe. So that means 06, 07, and now 08 are all using the same engine.

No thanks. I'll just download updated rosters for my copy of 06 and I'll be just fine, TYVM

Back