Madden back on PC

thelead

2[H]4U
I’ve been missing this series since going strictly PC gaming in ~2010. Anyone else excited about this?

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
All 11 people who played this on PC are stoked.
Not sure if the demographics today are the same as they were 11 years ago though. I would imagine there are a ton more ex-console owners that are now pc gamers compared to 11 years ago.

The last American football game I played was mutant league football on the megadrive, was pretty good too.

I didn't realize it had only been 11 years. My faulty memory seemed to think Madden 2004 was the last PC release. I played a lot of Madden 2003 on PC, was using a 19" crt at the time and also bought some crappy thrustmaster analog stick controllers just for that game. I'd like to try this new one on my ultrawide monitor using the far superior gamepad options we have available now.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can't believe it's been 11 years. I gave up on Madden, but my brother just had to have it. He purchased a 360 and now a PS4 primarily just to play it. He will be ecstatic to hear this.

Madden 19 on PC is pretty darn playable with a mouse and keyboard

Controlling a player in Madden 19 isn't mapped to the WASD on the keyboard, but is tied to the mouse using a "virtual thumbstick."...a circle appears in the right corner of the screen with an arrow in it. Move the mouse a little in any direction and the player moves in that direction slowly, like a defender hovering around in the backfield before the snap. Move the mouse further and the player moves faster

It took a bit of practice, but it felt like a good emulation of the full range of movement and variable speed you can perform with a real thumbstick...

https://www.pcgamer.com/madden-19-on-pc-is-pretty-darn-playable-with-a-mouse-and-keyboard/

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
KBM for something like this seems really strange but more power to anyone that wants to do that.

Madden was pretty much the reason I bought a console, that and NHL hockey.

Back