Madden 09....guess who is on the cover...Curse broken?

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
Favre chosen for Madden 09 cover

Having announced his retirement in early March, Favre becomes the first non-active player to appear on the game's cover.

madden09_cover_300.jpg

"Madden NFL Football and Brett Favre are sports icons who have set the standard and revolutionized their positions within their respective genres," said Madden NFL Executive Producer Dale Jackson. "Brett Favre is a perfect fit for the Madden NFL 09 cover, as he epitomizes everything the franchise has stood for the past 20 years - longevity, excellence, and a love of football."

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3366051&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab8pos1

So this brings up a good point...the curse will be broken this year. Or will it?... :p

hopefully he comes back and gets his spleen shattered

-vikings fan

Dude...Table....thats harsh. I am a die hard Cowboys fan...but I would never wish this on Farve. I respect him fully....because he doesnt screw his team up with drugged up boat parties.....I mean...isnt that for 12 year olds?

great. i typically only buy 1 football game per console gereration. i bought last years madden. i am a die hard packer fan though, so i may have to pick this up solely for the farve cover. maybe i'll even leave it wrapped up

I hope it's finally up to par with some of the earlier PS2 ones...back before they had the Falcons vs. Falcons tournament fiasco.
I'll hope that this one has pass defense for the first time in 10 years.

As a Packer fan I think it's cool Favre is on the cover. However, I haven't been a very big fan of the Madden Franchise in years. Probably not since Madden 98 Haha... They're going to have to have done a lot to get me back to buying their game.

im predicting struck by lightning while golfing in his retirement. Atleast broken bone or something while doing something stupid.

I will never throw out $60 bucks a year for updated rosters, sports games piss me off...

I love Brett Favre though....

Supposedly there are like 30+ new upgrades in the game, graphics and a new training mode just a few of em. Hopefully it will be a lot better than what we've seen on the next-gen systems thus far...

I wonder if the PC version of Madden 09 will finally got the console graphics of 06.

great. i typically only buy 1 football game per console gereration. i bought last years madden. i am a die hard packer fan though, so i may have to pick this up solely for the farve cover. maybe i'll even leave it wrapped up

You would buy a game just for the cover? You must be fun to go book shopping with too.

If you mean the curse of Madden games sucking balls... then... no.

Wasn't Young on one of the covers? I don't remember hearing him get hurt or anything bad happening to him.....

Might be the first madden i buy in a long long long time. Brett Favre is the best football player to ever live!!!

Might be the first madden i buy in a long long long time. Brett Favre is the best football player to ever live!!!

You people....buying a madden game solely based on who is on the cover? That's some good consumer decision making right there.

Wasn't Young on one of the covers? I don't remember hearing him get hurt or anything bad happening to him.....

Yea he was on the cover for 08. He was hurt and missed two games with at quadricep this past season. Not too bad. However Shaun Alexander was let go and he was the cover of the 07 version..

They should have put scantily clad cheerleaders on the cover. Then it would have been the first Madden game in a long time to deserve a second look.

Back