Madden 08

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Just picked this title up for my Wii and played through the tutorials and mini-games before starting my first game. One thing I noticed was that I sucked on the receiving practice in the tutorial - I only caught 40% of my passes. Is there anything special I can do to help out, other than practice lots?

Other than that, great fun. Played a practice game vs the Raiders (what can I say - I wanted to start off against a crappy team and work up) and will probably start a Franchise mode soon.

Go Broncos!

How is it compared to last year? I read about bugs plaguing it this year and it not being much better. I suck at football games though, i just want blitz for wii.

Couldn't tell you - the last Madden game I owned was Madden 2004 for the GameCube. Can hold my own on the running game, but need to work on my passing game.

from a gameplay standpoint, its much different than the previous two years (im talking about 360 version).

it runs faster and animations are much better. but i'd almost go so far as to say the game is broken..

fumbles and turnovers are BAD this year. even on the pro level, if the computer lays a good hit on you, you're gonna fumble. and visa versa. if you use the hit stick on a ball carrier, there's a good chance they're going to cough up the ball. i could understand that they wanted to make sure you understood how important it is to hold onto the ball, but covering up is unintuitive and should just be automatic unless you're performing a special manuver (juke, hurdle, spin etc). it almost breaks the game.

Back