Macrium reflect verification fails with 4 sticks - not with 2?

klepp0906

Gawd
So i never had a problem with macrium or verification etc. My setup hasnt changed in any fashion over the last year or so.

I upgraded my macrium last night and ran a backup. It made the backup, then failed verification. Re tried on another disc. Same result.

Pulled 2 sticks. Passed. Swapped those 2 for the 2 I pulled, passed. Put the floating 2 back in - failed.

now at an hour per backup, you do the math. This has taken me all day and ive basically determined its due to the number of sticks. (even though it wasnt an issue in the past /shrug it is now)

What do i need to change to rectify this? would that lean on Ram voltage, or SA voltage? aka is it the ram itself, or the imc?

Where do i go from here?

I would think that if you lower your RAM speed it would be fine (looking at the 3600Mhz kit in your sig). Did you ever run a Memtest to see if it was stable with 4 sticks at that speed? Might throw an error.

I would think that if you lower your RAM speed it would be fine (looking at the 3600Mhz kit in your sig). Did you ever run a Memtest to see if it was stable with 4 sticks at that speed? Might throw an error.
I would question the RAM stability also.

4 sticks? Drop the ram speed. For testing memory, try Prime95 stress testing -- first click Blend, then switch to custom, use 30000 for MB, and 1 for "time to run each FFT". Test for 20-30 minutes.

I feel your pain, I wasted last Saturday diagnosing my brother's pc problems, which was memory running too fast / bad memory timings in bios.

Last edited:
Did you ever run a Memtest to see if it was stable with 4 sticks at that speed?

If you do use memtest make sure you test at least 8 hours. I like to do a whole weekend. A single pass is not that meaningful. I have found cases where it took days to fail although instability in windows and other applications was easy to see.

Back