[DEAD] Macrium Reflect Home 20% off - $55.96 Single - $111.96 4pack - till 4-11-2021

LurkerLito

2[H]4U
https://www.macrium.com/easter

20% off for Macrium Reflect Home License.
$55.96 Single PC License
$111.96 4xPC Licenses
Purchase is for v7 but gives a free upgrade to v8 of Macrium Refelct Home when it is released.

I rarely see this on sale, but it looks like an easter special so I guess it lasts till then.

Edit: Ends April 11, 2021

Last edited:
I'm a fan, too, but I've never needed anything but the free edition. I'm a little curious about v8. I've been seeing banner ads saying that it's "coming soon" for months.

Might buy this. Recently uninstalled the trial of the paid version because it's just a little too expensive at $70 given the alternatives. Main reason I considered paid version was for delta level differential backups and restores (being able to disk-level restore only changed blocks is way faster than restoring entire drive).

Also got annoyed it didn't support disk-cloning to a smaller sized drive (i.e. 1TB -> 256GB). It only disk-clones to an equal or larger sized drive. Meanwhile free alternatives like EASEUS do support that.

Last edited:
Same, just used the free version last week to migrate to a new PC; but the rare sale makes me want to support a great product I've used for years; anyone know what the commercial version will get people who have mainly been using the free versions just to do clones/migrations?

EDIT: Man, I <3 the ignore feature

Last edited:
I was using Paragon partition manager backup w/ incremental as my backup solution but I wanted something newer. I was thinking of AOMEI Backupper Pro since a 1 year license was free today but it's 1 year then it stops working. A "lifetime" was $22 today but I didn't like the restrictions. 2 PC installs with 1 possible transfer allowed then you have to buy a new license, if I understand it correctly. I wanted something closer to my old Acronis True Image Home, but I hate the new Acronis True Image as it is bundled with some kind of really bad antivirus/antimalware and it can't be disabled completely from what I read on Acronis' forum without turning off various services manually that cripple some of the backup program features lol. It's also subscription but they do offer a classic perpetual license to older acronis users, still not having the option to not install the anti virus/malware was a deal breaker.

I heard all kinds of good things about Macrium but I never installed the free version before and was thinking of trying it today but saw there was a sale so I just bought the Home version outright. Personally I wanted the encrypt option that isn't in the free version, so I didn't mind paying for it and the other features.

I just used CloneZilla the other day to migrate from one disk to another. It is an OpenSource tool that does many of these functions quite well. It is not a tool you use from within windows, so don't think of it as being equivalent to Macrium in that way. If you need to image a machine, clone a disk and all that it works great. I have used Macrium, it works, and no complaints.

id have boughten this 10x over if it wasnt required to repurchase every time they release a new version. if it were a one and done i'd pay twice as much even. In a world of recurring subscriptions etc, i want to purchase a lifetime and move on. Not add 100 to my monthly subs and annual subs etc.

Huh? It's a perpetual license, not subscription so buying the next version is completely optional. The software (all releases of v7.x and in this deal all of v8.x also) can be used forever and never stops working and can be transfered to new hardware. You won't get v9 or higher but this is a much more reasonable licensing model than subscription and also the usual licensing for most software.

If you want a psuedo lifetime, go for AOMEI Backupper Pro. It is lifetime for the price, but it is hardware locked. 2 activations and 1 license transfer to a new PC then you have to buy it again.

Back