Machines, Twinsen's Odessey, Decent....

WillowHawk

Gawd
anyone out there remember some of the small timers?

i'm talking about Machines, Twinsens Odessey, Decent, Decent 2, Decent 3, Mission Critical....

i got a hold of Decent 1 and 2, but when i started it, it seemed as if my computer was "too fast" for it...you know the bobbing motion of the craft? it was blur, maybe 5 "bobs" a second or so..it was rediculous.

anyway, just wanted to know if i was the only one who played these kind of games back then.

I've played the Descent games (hell, who didn't?) and I found it to be a little dizzying after a while; mainly because of the constant spinning and turning. It's a shame they haven't brought it to the latest generation.

I had a free copy of Decent something. It seemed cool, but I could never find a control option that worked with keyboard and mouse.

Relentless: Twinsens Odyssey... If I can find that game, I'll eat my own fecal matter. That game was the shit.

I've played plenty of decent games, but Descent is more than just decent.

/Grammar Nazi to the rescue!

WillowHawk said:
do you take paypal?

LOL, my disk isnt for sale. I love twinsens oddessy and I cant count how many times I beat it. Where is LBA3???

i thought there were rumors about an LBA3 comming out years ago, after someone sold the rights or something about the company being bought out....i think they could have gone further with it.

ive still got my Twinsens Oddysey CD & Box, and i've, from memory, finished it 6 times :p

I finished LBA (first relentless) i think 4 times but T:O was just so damn good.

Decent was a small timer? I could have sworn it was a huge hit at release... heck it was ported to all systems and spawned many sequels...

Yeah, I tried to play Decent recently and it played too fast to be possible, so I took out my PSX version and played it insted! Weeee!

I think I was too young when I tried to play Odyssey, but I never got into it.

On the topic of classics, I don't think either of the Unreal: Tournament sequels has matched the original in terms of sheer enjoyment. I also tried to play C&C: Red Alert the other day- that was unbelievably funny. Even in maximum slowdown mode, everything was STILL too fast for my controls to actually save anyone/anything!

Back