Macbook Pro mid 2015 can't install Macos on 970 evo nvme

I have old ssd Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb NVME that worked on my windows pc. I put it into Macbook pro 15" mid 2015. It did boot windows/ I tried to reinstall os, but no internal utilities (macOS Recovery) can recognize new ssd. Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have usual 970 not plus. Adaptor is this one https://aliexpress.ru/item/40004059...6.1275555353.1591703864-1498980840.1578908001
The thing is, macbook has loaded windows that was left on ssd from pc. It worked fine. But ofcourse i need macos on macbook not windows. So my thoughts are, maybe i should convert MBR to GPT on ssd, will try that later today.
you need to clean(diskpart) the drive first and then use the macbooks disk util to format it and then installed macos.

I've managed to solve my problem. I downloaded EASEUS Partition Master (it has free trial), made usb bootable stick from it and fully cleaned ssd.

I've managed to solve my problem. I downloaded EASEUS Partition Master (it has free trial), made usb bootable stick from it and fully cleaned ssd.
a little bit of a round about way to do it but at least you got it goin.

Back