macbook pro i5 2010 vs macbook pro i5 2011

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
So im in the market for a new laptop and decided to give apple a try, ill mainly use it for acrobat x, pdf file creation, web browsing and light photo and video editing. I saw the new macbook pros 13" i5 $1000 and 15" previous generation i5 which was for $1300 but have dedicated graphics card, so my question is it worth it? Whats the performance difference between the two? Ive google everywhere and cant find the answer, the screen size wont matter, the new i7 15's are too expensive and overkill for what i need.. help or links would be appreciated.. Thanks

thanks my other question is the i5 on 2010 15˝ same as the i5 on 2011 i5 on 13"?i mean does it have those turbo boost technology like the new ones? and how about graphics? its just that i cant find a comparison side by side

Last edited:
Both cpus have turbo, but the i5 on the 13" is a newer architecture. The current gen 13" only has integrated intel graphics that perform roughly equally to a last-gen nVidia chip. I'm not familiar with the graphics on the last-gen 15" in any level of detail.

well im pretty tempted to get the 15" mbp i5 because of the dedicated graphics card and screen size, just concerned how big the difference is in terms of the overall size of the mbp and if the i5 on the 15" mbp is weaker than the new i5 on the 13" mbp

the size difference is very minimal. do a google search with all three stacked and it'll surprise you

The 13" looks small and the 15" looks big, but when closed and stacked up on each other the actual size difference is pretty minimal.

thanks! now the performance is the arrandale i5 vs sandybridge i5 how do they stack up...

I bought the new 15" macbook pro a few days ago when I came back from China vacation as a recovery gift to myself...

Back