Macbook Pro can't recognize internal SSD, can't install OS

What CPU is in it? Everything I've seen is that 2008 iMac (which came with Penryn CPUs) could run SIerra (and up), but 2007 iMacs (which came with Merom CPUs) only could after an upgrade. If you have a Merom CPU, I'd be curious to see how you got High Sierra to boot.
It's a Core2Duo machine. Don't remember the exact model.

Update: I post an ad. locally. THis guy comes by, he plug a USB flash drive w/ El Captain OS, he pushes a button and the Apple boots up right away from his flash drive. He said he won't bother install a new SSD, he just stick to the flash drive. So it looks easy when he does it. But we pre-agree on $60. So he got my Apple for $60.

Update: I post an ad. locally. THis guy comes by, he plug a USB flash drive w/ El Captain OS, he pushes a button and the Apple boots up right away from his flash drive. He said he won't bother install a new SSD, he just stick to the flash drive. So it looks easy when he does it. But we pre-agree on $60. So he got my Apple for $60.
It loads pretty slow through USB2 but after loading it works amazingly well. I do the same in my garage with my 2007 iMac. It boots slower using the original hdd compared to USB2 and SSD lol.

Back