Macbook Pro 15" cracked my screen

dashpuppy

Supreme [H]ardness
WOOPS!!

P1040036.JPG

Guess i will go buy a new laptop now :( FAWK!

P1040038.JPG

Just order the parts and fix it. iFixIt has great walkthroughs on doing this stuff.

Ouch. How did that happen? Is something like this covered by warranty?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I dunno guys, the LCD looks damaged too. At least that's what I make of the black semi circle with triangular bits that follow the glass cracks.:(

i think its more than just the glass plating.

the entire top of half of the mbp will run about 600 for a replacement.

its the whole top half :) i hit it hard, the lcd is damaged, if you look in the picture at the finder icon its all black :)

This is what happen when your wife pushes your buttons, IE new phone and laptop replacement :)

its the whole top half :) i hit it hard, the lcd is damaged, if you look in the picture at the finder icon its all black :)

This is what happen when your wife pushes your buttons, IE new phone and laptop replacement :)

Woah, I didin't see the black spot to the left :confused:

regardless I don't see why you can't continue to use it if you replace the glass.

I've seen replacement LCD's on ebay for about $200, maybe its different than what you need. Wouldn't hurt to look.

Woah, I didin't see the black spot to the left :confused:

regardless I don't see why you can't continue to use it if you replace the glass.

I might end up doing that, its only a small piece in the corner its about the size of a dime if that.

How did this happen?

threw my phone at it, because i lost my temper LOL! First time in my life that i have lost my temper lol!

Might just end up selling the laptop on ebay for parts try to get 7-8hundred and buy a new macbook pro 15"

insurance?
"dropped my bowling ball/cat/small child/potted cactus on it"

threw my phone at it, because i lost my temper LOL! First time in my life that i have lost my temper lol!

Might just end up selling the laptop on ebay for parts try to get 7-8hundred and buy a new macbook pro 15"

Haha great! Could have broken your phone too. We all have moments like that, "WHY THE F** DID I JUST DO THAT?"

RAGE?! Or...an excuse to get a MBP 15 hi-res :p

RAGE! i was mad LOL! Just talked to one of my friends that works with a apple tech company and i might be able to squeeze my machine in for a free replacement under warrantee :)

Regardless of why it happened, it's a good reason to go for a new one with the Hi-Res screen. I had one for about 2 weeks and loved it. Returned it because my new job bought me a laptop. They've got an arrangement with HP so I ordered one of the new Envy 14 models. I should get it in about a week.

Regardless of why it happened, it's a good reason to go for a new one with the Hi-Res screen. I had one for about 2 weeks and loved it. Returned it because my new job bought me a laptop. They've got an arrangement with HP so I ordered one of the new Envy 14 models. I should get it in about a week.

So are you going to be Windows exclusive now or do you have any Macs left? :cool:

So are you going to be Windows exclusive now or do you have any Macs left? :cool:
All Windows... at least as long as I'm on this job. Kinda sux, but I can deal with it. After all, I got back my $1800 and will get a laptop that's as close to an MBP as a Windows machine can get. ;)

I don't want a hp or a pc, im a tech i have to deal with them all day, i like coming home to my reliable macbook or apple.

I think i might sell my mbpro and save $$ for a hi res mbpro i5 :) maybe.

I'm not saying I prefer the HP over an MBP, but if I don't have to spend $1800 and will get an Envy for free, I'll take that deal every time.

and you would lying and thus guilty of a criminal act. Great way to fuck up insurance for the rest of us.

exactly why i didn't do it :) I am honest :) i caused the problem, so i have to pay for the problem :)

I put the laptop on ebay :)

J'

Back