macbook lcd white/washed out

Underoath

Weaksauce

What do you guys think? Bad LCD? It also gets weird lines if a window has dark colors in it and i move it around on the screen, the lines go across the whole lcd. (Kinda hard to explain)
I've already tried reseating the lcd cable....

not sure what the problem is exactly, could you try explaining it a little more? also if you could take a clearer picture that would help also.

Same thing happened to my Insprion 6400 when I got water in the screen. Backlight or inverter issue most likely. If it's under warranty, contact Apple.

i am going to be doing the repairs though. The picture i took of the screen is exactly how the colors look... its not a crappy picture lol.

Did you try clearing the PRAM?

Restart your system and at the gray screen before the Apple emblemappears:

Hold Option+Apple Key+P+R

Hope this helps!

Did you try clearing the PRAM?

Restart your system and at the gray screen before the Apple emblemappears:

Hold Option+Apple Key+P+R

Hope this helps!

I'm not too sure how the Pram would affect screen functions... It stores relevant system data used by the OS... This looks like a screen issue to me. Possibly a failing inverter.

thanks for the replies and i will try the stuff suggested when i get home.

normally an inverter causes redness or a super dim screen..............

wow, that ctrl - alt -cmd - 8 thing is pretty cool! I never knew you could do that!

screenshots are NOT going to show others what you see. thats just not how it works. they take a shot of what your looking at sure, but not at your specific monitor, but the true colors the video is pushing.

adjust the gamma in the display pref. its 100x better on mine when i calibrated it.

like the above poster said, screenshots are a digital image taken by your computer, they can't show any kind of defect in a screen, especially not dead pixels.. heh.

dude holy crap that fixed it..... what exactly does that combination do?

It inverts the screen colors... it's a feature of the OS if you have to look at things like that for something or other.

Back